Dialing Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBTech

Jul 28, 2017
When dialing a number there is lag, Calls take up to 30 seconds to start ringing. not all calls take long its seams random and I have tried other outgoing providers.

Seems like the variable in the call log waitsec correlates to the "hang" time till the number starts ringing.

Is this an upstream issue with my outgoing providers? or should I be looking at something with my freeswitch server?

I'm also wondering if I can timeout the bridge in my outbound routes, so if after 3 seconds the provider does nothing move on tho the next bridge?

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Also when dialing on a phone there is a timeout that waits after the last digit is pushed until it sends the call you either push # or send or pickup the handset to tell the phone to dial now and skip the digit timeout.

Another thing to look at at your Call Detail Records and you will see a column called PDD this is Post dial delay it will help you know if it is your carrier or not.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Also, Yealink phones, and possibly others, will delay placing a call if the STUN details are incorrectly configured or the STUN server is not available. They probably wait for a timeout on the STUN response.

SBTech

Jul 28, 2017
Thanks Mark and Adrian, looks like PDD is waitmsec and waitsec is a integer of that. I have a script I hacked together and include in the xm_cdr that emails me when calls had really bad quility. I added waitsec to that to start to see if I could find a patern.

What I have done that seams to be an improvement is change the outgoing routes with originate_timeout so it tries multiple gateways faster.

out.jpg

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
SBTech that seems like a good idea as long as there are no negative side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.