DID number or company speak through to callee and identify which line is being called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeetz

Oct 15, 2019
Hi,

I am sure this has been asked before, but not getting the term to search on exact thing.

Basically we have 30 DID numbers, all different organizations, but answered by a same "Ring Group", I would like them to know as they lift the handset, as to what DID/Company is number ringing, so that the callee gets notified before answering the call, please share some expertise.

Regards
Jeet

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
You could add a tag to the effective caller id name in the inbound route:

action set effective_caller_id_name=Org1#${caller_id_name}

or if you are wildcarding the destination number

action set effective_caller_id_name=$1#${caller_id_name}

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Fusion has a function for such a scenario to add a prefix to caller id name and/or number via ring groups.

To enable it go to Advanced>Group Manager and edit permissions for your user group (assuming superadmin)
search "prefix" to make it easier to find.
1624543571018.png
After selecting the name and/or number prefix, save permissions then logout and log back in to fusionpbx.
Now the ring group edit page has a field to add a prefix for calls coming from that ring group.

This solution requires a separate ring group for each "company" but might be easier for other admins to follow.
Adrian's method does essentially the same thing with fewer steps but is a little less intuitive to recognize what to change if others are also managing the system.

Reactions: Adrian Fretwell

jeetz

Oct 15, 2019
Fusion has a function for such a scenario to add a prefix to caller id name and/or number via ring groups.

To enable it go to Advanced>Group Manager and edit permissions for your user group (assuming superadmin)
search "prefix" to make it easier to find.
View attachment 2395
After selecting the name and/or number prefix, save permissions then logout and log back in to fusionpbx.
Now the ring group edit page has a field to add a prefix for calls coming from that ring group.

This solution requires a separate ring group for each "company" but might be easier for other admins to follow.
Adrian's method does essentially the same thing with fewer steps but is a little less intuitive to recognize what to change if others are also managing the system.
okay, thank you for your reply,@ad5ou and @Adrian Fretwell

@ad5ou i havent tried this, but having each company's different ring group is something that i dont want, and plus it doesnt say the name/called number. but thank u very much

@Adrian Fretwell ill try and get back to you by the night. thank you so much

jeetz

Oct 15, 2019
You could add a tag to the effective caller id name in the inbound route:

action set effective_caller_id_name=Org1#${caller_id_name}

or if you are wildcarding the destination number

action set effective_caller_id_name=$1#${caller_id_name}
hi @Adrian Fretwell thank you for the help, but my agents would be needing sound, they would not be needing something that is readable, this is perfect, for reading, but for sound no. I would like my operators to know as they lift the handset some like TTS (I have that), as to what DID/Company is number ringing.

Ian@ITEL7

Jan 4, 2021
Hi @jeetz,

What end devices are the clients using? Is there an option to display the company based on what @Adrian Fretwell said to the CLI of the end device? Depending on the end device you could have multiple lines configured for each ring group, but that could get quite messy. If this is not possible then you essentially want to have the called party hear a TTS based on the company the caller wanted to reach before they are connected. I am not sure if this is possible based on my knowledge of how the calls are handled after an endpoint is ringing and the call is answered.

jeetz

Oct 15, 2019
Hi @Ian@ITEL7

the devices would be polycom and yealink mostly, and softphone would be bria enterprise edition, ive done the caller id to display DID, thats perfect.

But my agents want a level up, they wanna hear the DID or a company name, not see it.

Jeet

Status
Not open for further replies.