Difference between Queues and Ring group

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruben23

Jun 6, 2019
HI guys i got confused between the function of Ring group and Queues, RIng group i can gather extension numbers of phones in one extension, while on Queues 1 number each per queues.?

Coz i have a check in the past with another PHone system their queues have like option to add like multiple extension also like ring group but i tried on here on fusion PBX you can only add 1 extension for queues i guest

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
The concept of a ring group vs a call queue is quite simple... A ring group is designed to ring a group of extensions either simultaneously or in a hunt ring pattern. A call center queue is designed to ring agents in a FIFO (first in first out) ring pattern so that calls are answered in the order that they were received. Their uses cases depend on what you're trying to accomplish.

FusionPBX supports call center queues with multiple agents. First you need to goto Apps > Call Centers and create a call center, then create agents, then go back to your newly created call center and assign your agents to it.

More information: https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/applications/call_center.html

Reactions: JamesBorne

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
No, @Kenny Riley You have missed the absolute fundamental difference between a ring group and a queue.

A ring group with X members and no call waiting will give a busy when all members are in calls.

A queue will do exactly as it says and queue up the calls and when a member becomes free, send the next call in the queue dependent upon the strategy.

Reactions: topogigio
Status
Not open for further replies.