SOLVED Dinstar GSM gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexcc

May 15, 2020
Has anyone had any luck configuring the Dinstar gateway to connect to FusionPBX? I tried to follow the instructions on Freeswitch https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Dinstar+GSM+gateway+FreeSwitch+HowTo

On my Fusion PBX - I added an ACL to allow the external IP address of the DINSTAR Gateway

but now I receive the following. How can I make entries to the Freeswitch directory using fusionpbx?

Code:
2020-06-02 15:47:01.041367 [WARNING] sofia_reg.c:2930 Can't find user [1000@myfusionserver.com] from 89.100.100.41
You must define a domain called 'myfusionserver.com' in your directory and add a user with the id="1000" attribute
and you must configure your device to use the proper domain in its authentication credentials.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
This means your ACL rule has not been applied. Try reloadacl and flush cache

alexcc

May 15, 2020
flushed cached and reloaded ACLs, and restarted Freeswitch.. unfortunately I still get the same message. Should I do anything on the gateway configuration?

In my current configuration, the SIP traffic is sent from DINSTAR to my external SIP profile (port 5080) - should I point it to the internal?

alexcc

May 15, 2020
After 3 days struggling with this.. I figured out a solution. Publishing my solution below to save time if anyone else needs assistance. Probably not the most elegant solution but it works. Any suggestions for improvements welcome

On Dinstar

Step 0: Initial setting on Dinstar UC100
  1. Profile->SIP: If your Dinstar is publicly facing I would recommending changing the default SIP ports for LAN/WAN to a higher port. This will significantly reduce the volume of unwanted traffic. in my setup I specified a SIP External port as 55080 instead of 5080
  2. Network->Fail2Ban: Change the bantime duration to -1 (This will permanently block IP addresses of VOIP scanners and SSH brute force attacks).
  3. Network->Fail2Ban: Enter the IP address of your FusionPBX server in the whitelist

Step 1: Extension->SIP
  1. Configure two extensions (e.g. 7000, 7001)
  2. Specify a strong password
  3. assign them to the external SIP profile
  4. leave all other settings as per default
Step 2: Extension->Ring Groups
  1. Create two ring groups each group containing the single extension defined in Step 1 (e.g. ringall_PSTN, ringall_GSM)
  2. In order to save the form specify a random number in Ring Group Number field and enter a random value at DID
Step 3: Call control -> Call Route
  1. Add four routes (In_GSM, Out_GSM, In_FXO, Out_FXO)
  2. For Inbound routes Choose the source from the relevant trunk FXO/GSM
  3. For Destination Choose the relevant ring group defined in Step 2.
Step 4: Trunk->FXO/ Trunk->GSM
  1. Leave everything at default (or modify accordingly to your country e.g impedance setting
Step 5: Reboot (Important)

On Fusion PBX

Step 0: Advanced-> Access Controls
  1. Add the IP address of your UC100 box in CIDR format. e.g. 100.100.100.1/32 for a single IP address
Step 1: Account-> Gateways
  1. Specify two gateways to Dinstar
  2. Username: Enter the extension number created in the previous section,
  3. Password: Enter the extension password created in the previous section
  4. Proxy: Enter the IP address of the Dinstar server with the associated port of the external profile (in my case : my.dinserver.com:55080)
  5. Register: Set to True
  6. Save
Step 2: Dialplan -> Destinations
  1. Click on Add and add two destination rules from FXO, GSM
  2. Destination: 7000 (As defined in the Dinstar setup)
  3. Actions: 300 (or any other local extension on FusionPBX)

mkmerie

Aug 2, 2020
After 3 days struggling with this.. I figured out a solution. Publishing my solution below to save time if anyone else needs assistance. Probably not the most elegant solution but it works. Any suggestions for improvements welcome

On Dinstar

Step 0: Initial setting on Dinstar UC100
  1. Profile->SIP: If your Dinstar is publicly facing I would recommending changing the default SIP ports for LAN/WAN to a higher port. This will significantly reduce the volume of unwanted traffic. in my setup I specified a SIP External port as 55080 instead of 5080
  2. Network->Fail2Ban: Change the bantime duration to -1 (This will permanently block IP addresses of VOIP scanners and SSH brute force attacks).
  3. Network->Fail2Ban: Enter the IP address of your FusionPBX server in the whitelist

Step 1: Extension->SIP
  1. Configure two extensions (e.g. 7000, 7001)
  2. Specify a strong password
  3. assign them to the external SIP profile
  4. leave all other settings as per default
Step 2: Extension->Ring Groups
  1. Create two ring groups each group containing the single extension defined in Step 1 (e.g. ringall_PSTN, ringall_GSM)
  2. In order to save the form specify a random number in Ring Group Number field and enter a random value at DID
Step 3: Call control -> Call Route
  1. Add four routes (In_GSM, Out_GSM, In_FXO, Out_FXO)
  2. For Inbound routes Choose the source from the relevant trunk FXO/GSM
  3. For Destination Choose the relevant ring group defined in Step 2.
Step 4: Trunk->FXO/ Trunk->GSM
  1. Leave everything at default (or modify accordingly to your country e.g impedance setting
Step 5: Reboot (Important)

On Fusion PBX

Step 0: Advanced-> Access Controls
  1. Add the IP address of your UC100 box in CIDR format. e.g. 100.100.100.1/32 for a single IP address
Step 1: Account-> Gateways
  1. Specify two gateways to Dinstar
  2. Username: Enter the extension number created in the previous section,
  3. Password: Enter the extension password created in the previous section
  4. Proxy: Enter the IP address of the Dinstar server with the associated port of the external profile (in my case : my.dinserver.com:55080)
  5. Register: Set to True
  6. Save
Step 2: Dialplan -> Destinations
  1. Click on Add and add two destination rules from FXO, GSM
  2. Destination: 7000 (As defined in the Dinstar setup)
  3. Actions: 300 (or any other local extension on FusionPBX)
Hello Alexcc
I am facing the same problem
I am having Dinstar 1 Port GSM Gateway
Configured sip trunk but there is no way it can register on fusionpbx
FusionPBX is on cloud
can you help pls ?

saito89

Oct 11, 2019
I know is kind of late but I was able to get it working, I do not know if it is the right way but I am receiving calls and making calls through my Dinstar Gateway. You could check my post and see if it is of any help.

Reactions: mkmerie
Status
Not open for further replies.