Directory recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryW

Jun 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Is there a method to allow the directory entries to play a recording when an entry is matched. Currently it just spells out the name and then the extension, would prefer for it to say "Bob, extension 200" in Bob's voice. Just learning my way around in the process of switching from FreePBX / Asterisk and this was a nice feature for building the directory.

I have looked in Extensions, Users, Contacts and have not been able to find anywhere that this can be placed.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I haven't seen that, I would personally find it a PITA having to get all the users to record their own.

LarryW

Jun 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Ok, I think listening to it spell out the first, last name and extension is archaic, at least say the names to text to speech at a minimum. Of the directories I have dealt with personally more have the names than do not. Sometimes all recorded by a single individual, but other times each person. Just seeing if the program had this flexibility.

Everything else seems to be there functionally and we have been very pleased with the ease of use so far in the migration.

Last edited:

s1766333

Dec 2, 2017
Voicemail has an option to record your name. Call into your voicemail and explore the options to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.