Commit: 1b38c9541d5334ac92c4262700b068be3d1696c6
Status: Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'. +1 days ago
Switch Version 1.10.3 (64bit)
PHP Version 7.1
Operating System Debian Version 9.8

Issue
User logs back into a dashboard without a menu

Cause
1- User has changed the language to a language that I do not have a menu for.
2- User has signed in and signed out.

Temporary Solution(s)
Change the user language from a higher level user like admin or superadmin back to en-us (problematic because it will happen again).

Creating a separate php file without language menu and changing the link to this page for user edit (problematic because other files need to be changed too and may create security problems).

Solution(s) Needed

a. Disabling unused languages in the same way that we can uncheck unused phone vendors.( preferred)

OR

b. A permission level to see language menu (not preferred as it will not allow using languages that we have a menu for)

Appreciation

Thank you for reading and thinking of helping.

Last edited:

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Possibly a work around for you...

Have a look at /var/www/fusionpbx/resources/app_languages.php It is a large file that sets up various array dimensions for translations. The first section in the file is for a dimension called 'language-name', commenting out entries in this section will cause them not to show up in the 'Edit user' language drop down list.

John

Jan 23, 2017
Possibly a work around for you...

Have a look at /var/www/fusionpbx/resources/app_languages.php It is a large file that sets up various array dimensions for translations. The first section in the file is for a dimension called 'language-name', commenting out entries in this section will cause them not to show up in the 'Edit user' language drop down list.

Many thanks! It is a much better work around than my temporary solutions above. I also got an email from Mark (reply to feature request). I think (he did not say that) he will add this functionality. My experience with him is that he usually likes to add useful stuff if he has the time.

I will update here if the feature is added.

Stay safe Adrian.

Reactions: Adrian Fretwell
Status
Not open for further replies.