Disabling Voicemail Password (PIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziondials

Sep 24, 2020
I figured I should post an update to this, as it's super easy to remove the requirement for a user password on an extension dialing its Voicemail. Go to the Dialplan Manager and add the following to Order 7
XML:
<action application="set" data="voicemail_authorized=${sip_authorized}"/>

This way you are using the XML Dialplan which will have better survivability between upgrades than custom code edits.

Reference: mod_voicemail - FreeSWITCH - Confluence

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
We've been doing this for years and yes it is super easy. If you had read the thread you would have seen we were doing something completely different.

mc6650

Apr 8, 2019
Hello
I want to check a virtual voicemail number 700 from extensions 202,203,205, 206 & 207. I've got a dialplan set up so that when I dial *700 I go directly into the mailbox, however I'd like to remove the password authentication. Would this work for me: <action application="set" data="voicemail_authorized=${sip_authorized}"/>

I'm new to the whole dialplan thing so I'm learning as I go. Where would the above line go; as a new line within the dialplan as order 7 and do I need to include the extension numbers I'm checking the message from? Mailbox 700 is a "General Delivery" mailbox that's designed to catch unanswered calls from ring group 600. I've included a copy of my current dial plan. Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Attachments

• New DialPlan.jpg
    New DialPlan.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.