displaying IVR routing to ringing extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
I might be over thinking this a little.

Looking for a way to show the end user what IVR option the caller selected, i.e external caller selected 3 for Sales, it then routes the call as configured but when it rings the extension - someone can see before the caller id that the external caller selected 3 for sales - is this possible? i.e. {SALES] John Smith 555 555 5555

or//

would you need to have a few lines setup on the extension, and name them, so the IVR routes to the sales line on that extension?

I know there's a few ways to do this, hoping someone has done something similar.

neeek

Mar 12, 2021
Hi

I assume a few of the IVR options wind up at the same extension

You can either write the IVR as a custom dialplan but then you dont get the nice easy GUI editing of the IVR
or
you can create a few custom dialplans like the attached image.
note that destination is set to true, so you can choose that dialplan as a destination from the dropdown when setting up your IVR

Nic

Attachments

• dialplan.jpg
    dialplan.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 12

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
Interesting and simple, I gave this a test, but for it to show in the IVR destination dropdown, you need a number in the box under name, else it does not show, I tested this with a random number (567) assuming it would transfer to the action transfer 505 XML client.domain.com so it goes to ext 505 but no dice, the log just says ext 567 does not exist.

hamagid

Dec 14, 2020
You can do a separate ring group for every option in the IVR and in the ring group you can provide the IVR selection as CID name prefix

neeek

Mar 12, 2021
Interesting and simple, I gave this a test, but for it to show in the IVR destination dropdown, you need a number in the box under name, else it does not show, I tested this with a random number (567) assuming it would transfer to the action transfer 505 XML client.domain.com so it goes to ext 505 but no dice, the log just says ext 567 does not exist.
Add the number in the Number field
and then add this as the first line (replace ## with the number you chose)
1693471234345.png

neeek

Mar 12, 2021
You can do a separate ring group for every option in the IVR and in the ring group you can provide the IVR selection as CID name prefix
Not all versions have the CID prefix option in ring groups

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
thanks for this option, saves having to create custom dial plans, might try this also!

neeek

Mar 12, 2021
That did it, works perfectly in first testing, very elegant solution @neeek thank you
You may think it is elegant, until you encounter a client that has 16 salesmen, each salesman has an IVR with 3 options/extensions
and if no answer calls need to be sent back to reception prefixed with which salesman and extension the call came from

Then you sit with far too many custom dialplans to remember which one does what.. Everytime you have to make a change to the PBX
you have to spend 10 minutes figuring out why you did what, and everytime you see that specific clients callerID show up on your phone
your day gets worse o_O:mad:

There is a field to set the CallerID in the IVR Menu page, so I think it may be possible to set the prefix you want there, if you can find the name
of the variable that contains which number was pushed.. of course this all depends on when in the IVR dialplan the CallerID value is set.

Reactions: s2svoip

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
You may think it is elegant, until you encounter a client that has 16 salesmen, each salesman has an IVR with 3 options/extensions
and if no answer calls need to be sent back to reception prefixed with which salesman and extension the call came from

Then you sit with far too many custom dialplans to remember which one does what.. Everytime you have to make a change to the PBX
you have to spend 10 minutes figuring out why you did what, and everytime you see that specific clients callerID show up on your phone
your day gets worse o_O:mad:

There is a field to set the CallerID in the IVR Menu page, so I think it may be possible to set the prefix you want there, if you can find the name
of the variable that contains which number was pushed.. of course this all depends on when in the IVR dialplan the CallerID value is set.
ok yah that sounds hellish, I am hoping that will never happen to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.