Distinctive Ring for Local Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0reM

Jan 19, 2017
Hey everyone!

Somebody asked me how to set up a distinctive ring for internal calls (between local extensions) and I wasn't sure.

After some goggling, I found that Yealink phones at least can support distinctive ring by setting Alert-Info in the SIP packet:

http://support.yealink.com/faq/faqInfo?id=213

FreeSWITCH of course has a variable alert_info to allow you to set it:

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Variables

My real question is which dialplan would be best to put this in and how would you have it differentiate between local calls so it knows to add the alert-info string and not to do it when it's an external call?

Thanks!

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
I'll show you a few example of similar functionality that was added to Dialplan -> Dialplan Manager:

upload_2017-11-4_14-29-20.png

upload_2017-11-4_14-31-39.png

c0reM

Jan 19, 2017
Ah, interesting thanks EasyBB, I'll try those conditions. Over on IRC @mcrane suggested using the following condition:

upload_2017-11-4_16-14-17.png

The problem with this was that the call_direction variable is set after the last Dialplan Manager dialplan is executed and so it never evaluates to true (PASS) when added anywhere in the dialplan manager.

Your solution looks like it should catch what I want as well checking for a 3 digit caller or callee should do the trick. Thanks!

mgajjar

Mar 16, 2022
I'll show you a few example of similar functionality that was added to Dialplan -> Dialplan Manager:

View attachment 170

View attachment 171

I tried the setting you mentioned above. Then under "fs_cli' I can see that the condition is PASS and it does set alert_info to the specified value but when I do "sngrep", I don't see alert-info in the SIP header. I have attached the screenshots below. Can you please point me on what am I doing wrong here.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.png
    2.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 17

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
I had a similar request but I just did it the lazy way. The customer had a fairly simple inbound call structure where everything went to a ring group and then to the IVR. I just set the a distinctive ring to the ring group and left the internal ring as default.

If you wanted a dirty hack you could just put all your inbound destinations into ring groups to get the distinctive ring variable set. That would be an awful hack but it might a way to fake till you make it.

mgajjar

Mar 16, 2022
It is working now for me. The only change I made from the original suggestion is I selected "Inline" to "true" while creating dialplan.

Somehow it was not exporting the Alert_Info before making the change.

Last edited:
Reactions: bcmike
Status
Not open for further replies.