Divert when gateway busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

moc

Apr 26, 2021
My (sip trunk) provider says it is me, I think it is them
Am I missing something here.

I want incoming calls to divert to a mobile number when both channels on the gateway are busy.
FusionPBX gateway is running and has 'maximum number of channels available in the gateway' =2
On request,my service provider has set a 'Divert on busy' to the mobile number.

Fusion ( and the internal destination extensions) receive the first two incoming calls, the third incoming call receives a busy signal (when it should divert to the mobile number)

My assumption is , this is a problem with the service providers 'divert on busy' settings.
Am I wrong?
Should this third call still hit FusionPBX and require an additional setting there or is the divert on busy activated on my service provider's end ( as 2 channels are busy) and should never reach my gateway?

Thanks
Mark

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
From what you have said it must down to your SIP provider, you should not see the call at your gateway and it sounds like busy is being detected correctly.

There are sometimes complications with this type of set up because some systems/setups have difficulty distinguishing the difference between busy and congestion.

moc

Apr 26, 2021
From what you have said it must down to your SIP provider, you should not see the call at your gateway and it sounds like busy is being detected correctly.

There are sometimes complications with this type of set up because some systems/setups have difficulty distinguishing the difference between busy and congestion.
Thanks Adrian,
Gives me a little more confidence as I try to get the provider to escalate the problem.
Are there any variables I can set in the Gateway/dial plan that ensures a busy signal is sent when 2 channels are busy?
Mark

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
As you said yourself there is the channels setting in the gateway, as for the dial plan, you can use the limit application:

<action application="limit" data="hash inbound ${domain_uuid} 2 !USER_BUSY"/>

moc

Apr 26, 2021

As you said yourself there is the channels setting in the gateway, as for the dial plan, you can use the limit application:

<action application="limit" data="hash inbound ${domain_uuid} 2 !USER_BUSY"/>
Thanks Adrian, Great help and I will try that too.
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.