DND Feature Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Hi Guys,

Ive followed all the guides on how to get DND feature sync to work. Enabling it via config files on my yealink and I commenting phone_events section in a lua file. So I just wanted to check to see if anybody has it working and if it’s possible.

If I press DND on the handset it sync’s to the portal. However if I make a change from the FusionPBX portal it does not sync to the phone unless I reboot the handset. I’m testing on T4X and T5X phones on the latest master release.

Any feedback would be great.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Further testing and missed adding one setting, however now I have another issue:

After rebooting the system flushing the cache etc. The phone and portal both have DND disables, I log into the portal and set DND enabled, The phone gets set to DND enabled correctly, I then disable DND from the portal and the handset doesn't change status it stills shows that DND is enabled but the portal shows as disabled. So the handset and the portal are now out of sync. This out of sync behavior continues and they never sync back up. This is on a T54W with the latest firmware and latest version of FusionPBX. Anybody else have similar issues?

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
I believe I have found a bug, I've reported it to Mark and will update this ticket if anybody is interested

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
I have issue with dnd sync as well, but mine relates more to activating dnd 1st thing in the morning when i get into work the phone does put it on, however it dials the codes like 10 times before it settles.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
The bug I found was that if I change the status of DND via the web GUI in the "call_forward.php" via the toggle it doesn't work well and consistently. However if I change the status via the "Call_forward_edit" it works perfectly every time.

mikeyh1

Feb 9, 2019
We have been working for a couple of weeks to try to get the DND lights to light the BLF keys without success. We've followed the instructions in member docs, edited lua.conf as instructed, added device --> feature_sync to default settings, still no DND lights.
What are we missing?

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
I'm using the Yealink T5 and T4 series, after making the changes restart freeswitch, flush the cache. Then it works perfectly if you follow the instructions.

Send a link to your config and i'll compare it with mine

mikeyh1

Feb 9, 2019
I'm using the Yealink T5 and T4 series, after making the changes restart freeswitch, flush the cache. Then it works perfectly if you follow the instructions.

Thank you for the reply. Please see the attached.

Attachments

• lua.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 805ec0d802fb(7).cfg
    195.6 KB · Views: 10
  • y000000000097(5).cfg
    73.3 KB · Views: 8

mikeyh1

Feb 9, 2019

Hello Gflow, What firmware are your T4 and T5s, I've tried everything. I can see the subscribe/notify messages being sent but, no lights...
Thanks,
Mike

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
I'm using the latest firmware for T4 and T5. I can confirm that my DND sync's flawlessly when pressing DND on the handset, it sync's to the web GUI nicely. However when I set DND in the portal it doesn't sync to the handset very well, seems a bit random and can take 30min+ that's what im trying to figure out now.

Scubadave112

Jan 24, 2020
We have been working for a couple of weeks to try to get the DND lights to light the BLF keys without success. We've followed the instructions in member docs, edited lua.conf as instructed, added device --> feature_sync to default settings, still no DND lights.
What are we missing?
Are you trying to create a BLF that shows the DND status of other extensions? if so that isn't what this does. I use the feature sync for multiple customer for a while now and have had no issues, but I also don't have customers who use the portal... I did it because if someone DNDs their softphone I want to ensure the status syncs to desk phone and when someone pushes dnd more than once fast it on their physical phone it will not match the server. but with feature sync it has resolved both my issues

but in regard to a blf key showing DND status this would be cool. Closest i got was DND+<ext number> and that works well but every morning the staff has to toggle their DND at least once for it to work, but this is hit and miss and was told by mark they are working on a solution to this so I am just waiting for that.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
What I'm trying to do is when somebody presses the DND button on the handset it sync's with the user portal and vice versa. The reason this is really handy is if a user calls and says their phone is not ringing I can quickly check the portal and see they have DND enabled.

My latest update is that it does seem it work but can take a couple of hours to get in sync.

@mikeyh1 your config seems good, make sure you are running the latest version of firmware and the latest update of Fusion. Then set the DND and wait and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.