Do I understand custom dial plans correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viiiwonder

Sep 24, 2022
We have a tenant who is getting a frustrating number of what we think are spam/robo calls. Symptoms are typical dead are on connect, etc. Calls go inbound straight to a ring group, so there's no IVR or anything to require human interaction (not that that robots don't try to outsmart those).

We implemented a dial plan entry that calls a lua script which checks the nomorobo API via twilio for the call's spam score. The spam score then populates a variable in the call. (noroboscore) and is transferred to the next custom dial plan, which I THOUGHT I had set up correctly to 'cascade' down 3 groups: 'score = 0, you're legit, transfer to the ring group', and 'score is 1' and 'no score' which both then go to an IVR prompting the caller to press 1 to proceed. Sort of a 'last chance' for a legit call.

Attached is a pic of the dialplan via the GUI. Does this seem like it would do what I intend? (change routes based on the destination+the content of the variable?) (9203 is the IVR, 150 is the RG).

Right now, calls with a 1 are still getting to 150.

Any pointers/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• nomorobo DP1.png
    nomorobo DP1.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 12

whut

Dec 23, 2022
I would test with break=on-true or break=never on the first condition in groups 1 and 2. Do not include it on the last group (group 3).

Do you have specific names or numbers that are calling? If so you can use the call block application.

IVRs are a good item to use in your defense for the "dumb" robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.