Docker - Initial Setup Postsql Credentials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asterich

May 6, 2020
HI,

After failing miserably with the Debian 9 Install, (not really the install but actually terminating a an inbound and outbound call) i decided to try the docker version from Daz. It started off very hopeful with a the initial setup screen which ive never seen before with the other install but ive tried many researched credentials for the database name, username and password and failed miserably again. May i please have some advise on that regard as to what details go in there? It could also be non-credentials related.

1588939928577.png

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I'm sure Daz will chime in later to confirm, but the advice is: don't use his experimental Docker setup. He abandoned it a long time ago.

Asterich

May 6, 2020
The standard Debian 9 install is the most likely install method to succeed.
The most common reasons I've seen people have trouble with inbound/outbound calls during initial setup are incorrect ACL settings or NAT related issues.
HI,

I Just figured out how to login and then you drop the bomb.....many fragments of myself require piecing together.

Question, i followed Lucidphone's Youtube video which seemed all ok to me but i couldnt replicate the result. Its a little difficult to say now what went wrong i agree BUT your obliterating truth on the subject of Docker has inspired me to have a go at the Debian install again tonight. If nobody hears from me again, an automated email will be generated stating the whereabouts of Elvis and the conspiracy behind Sharknado.

Asterich

May 6, 2020
Something i just noticed now though which i wouldnt have seen unless i install the docker version. There are menu items ive never had the option of selecting with the debian install eg, Adminer, PHP editor, XML editor etc. Is this the norm with the different platforms?

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
Something i just noticed now though which i wouldnt have seen unless i install the docker version. There are menu items ive never had the option of selecting with the debian install eg, Adminer, PHP editor, XML editor etc. Is this the norm with the different platforms?
That Docker probably has an older version of FusionPBX. Do not use it. Better to stick to the standard Debian install.

Install it and better post here what problems you have with calls if any.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Adminer was removed due to security concerns and troubles keeping it working properly. There are alternate database management options available outside of Fusionpbx. (if you REALLY want Adminer, it CAN still be installed but is no longer supported) The open source project "dbeaver" works well.

The Editors were removed from primary Fusionpbx repository, but can easily be added back. The how to is documented a few times here on the forums. Mentioned Here with instructions below

goose2600

Dec 18, 2018
@Asterich if you are intressed in testing an updated fusionpbx docker container, I am using this one:
https://hub.docker.com/r/antonyx/fusionpbx

It is Fusionpbx 4.5.13 on Debian 10.

Here is the docker-compose.yml file (first install docker-compose and eventually edit the composer file according to your needs):
Code:
version: "3.7"

services:

fusionpbx:
    container_name: fusionpbx
    image: antonyx/fusionpbx:latest
    environment:
      - TZ=Europe/Rome
    ports:
      - "80:80/tcp"
      - "443:443/tcp"
      - "5060:5060/tcp"
      - "5060-5060/udp"
      - "5080:5080/tcp"
      - "5080:5080/udp"
      - "8000-8001:8000-8001/udp"
      - "16384-16448:16384-16448/udp"
    dns:
    volumes:
      - ./backup:/var/backups/fusionpbx:rw
#      - ./addons:/addons

restart: unless-stopped
    privileged: true
    network_mode: default

networks:
  default:
    external:
      name: fusionpbx

Before to start the container, create the "backup" folder into the fusionpbx container folder (where the docker-compose.xml is located).
If you need to install any debian package, just uncomment the line "- ./addons:/addons", create a folder named "addons" in the fusionpbx container folder and put into the folder any .deb package.

The first time start the container typing "docker-compose up" (as you need to see logs in order to get the web interface password).
If port 443 is used from another service, just edit the composer file to expose another exeternal port (for example: "20443:443/tcp").

Last edited:

Asterich

May 6, 2020
@Asterich if you are intressed in testing an updated fusionpbx docker container, I am using this one:
https://hub.docker.com/r/antonyx/fusionpbx

It is Fusionpbx 4.5.13 on Debian 10.

Here is the docker-compose.yml file (first install docker-compose and eventually edit the composer file according to your needs):
Code:
version: "3.7"

services:

fusionpbx:
    container_name: fusionpbx
    image: antonyx/fusionpbx:latest
    environment:
      - TZ=Europe/Rome
    ports:
      - "80:80/tcp"
      - "443:443/tcp"
      - "5060:5060/tcp"
      - "5060-5060/udp"
      - "5080:5080/tcp"
      - "5080:5080/udp"
      - "8000-8001:8000-8001/udp"
      - "16384-16448:16384-16448/udp"
    dns:
    volumes:
      - ./backup:/var/backups/fusionpbx:rw
#      - ./addons:/addons

restart: unless-stopped
    privileged: true
    network_mode: default

networks:
  default:
    external:
      name: fusionpbx

Before to start the container, create the "backup" folder into the fusionpbx container folder (where the docker-compose.xml is located).
If you need to install any debian package, just comment the line "- ./addons:/addons", create a folder named "addons" in the fusionpbx container folder and put into the folder any .deb package.

The first time start the container typing "docker-compose up" (as you need to see logs in order to get the web interface password).
If port 443 is used from another service, just edit the composer file to expose another external port (for example: "20443:443/tcp").

Thank you for this. I formatted the Docker install and went with the Centos 7 now so busy configuring. I am HOWEVER setting up the docker install as per your instructions above on a separate VPS. By tomorrow evening i need to know which pbx i am deploying for a client as a poc which is more of an organisation. I used to have all my cloud services run by a third party but truth be told, radical ideas in any industry are frowned upon so now i am carrying all the weight on my own. So whichever deployment offer's me a little less of burden to carry with the various factors such as robustness, security as well as support and maintenance, im willing to lean toward that direction for now.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Just use debian, not docker, its a couple of lines to give you a rock solid installation usually.

Asterich

May 6, 2020
Just use debian, not docker, its a couple of lines to give you a rock solid installation usually.

Thanks for all the advice as I did manage to get the debian version installed which is quite efficient in its operation.

For the future reference of others, the trick here came in with the various ways in which the Softswitches work. Im using PortaOne, ASTPP, Sipwise and Kazoo with the chosen platform being ASTPP due to the reseller module. The problem came in when with placing the CLI in any part of the inbound and outbound routes which isn't the case with ASTPP since the username and auth username is the trunk username with nothing requiring the actual number allocated to that trunk as ASTPP forces the display of the number set within that trunk. without that understanding, no call was being authenticated correctly to or from astpp and the pbx. Hope i explained that correctly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.