DTMF not passed to Call-Forwarding Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
This is a major issue for us. Please help if you can. Thanks in advance.

We have a toll-free DID on our system that is forwarded to an external local number which is a company PBX system. When people call, they are prompted to press 1 for English and 2 for French etc... but any digits entered are not passed to the company PBX. Instead, fusionpbx intercepts the digits and says "press # if you are finished". It seems to be looking for an extension and I am guessing it has something to do with the bind_digit settings but I have no idea how to fix it.

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
so I was tinkering around with the settings and now the situation has changed a bit. I call an extension on my system and the call is forwarded to an external IVR. I enter the requested digits and no DTMF is transmitted. Also, no message at all from fusionpbx. DTMF are not transferred from leg A to leg B (the forwarded number).

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
Can anyone check if this is supposed to work? You can duplicate my issue by forwarding an inbound call to a company IVR or answering machine and then attempt to navigate the IVR. In my case, the call forward destination (b-leg) does not receive any digits. Unfortunately, if I can't fix this I will have to give up on FusionPBX.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Does anything show in the logs? The only thing I can suggest is trying <param name="pass-rfc2833" value="true"/> on the external profile, this disabled the de-encode re-encode of DTMF in the event the two legs have different methods.

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
Thanks. So DIDww has an option called "telephone-event" in the available codec section and if that is not enabled the dtmf dont work properly. I only had alaw and ulaw enabled. That was the problem of not getting any dtmf at all.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Oh shit, yeh. Very important 'codec'. Weird they let you disable it without a fat warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.