Effective_Caller_ID_Name set to Dialed name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTR

Oct 25, 2017
we have 2 users

Sam 101
Susan 102

now when Sam (101) dials 102 he will see on his screen "calling 102"

in many other system that i worked with when a user dials an internal call the screen will display "Susan 102"

any ideas or hint how to go about it with FusionPBX

Methodz86

Apr 6, 2019
i think that This
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/initial_callee_id_name
will solve the problem..

i am just trying to figure out now which dial plan in fusion i need to edit

Hi, sorry to bring up an old thread.

Did you or anyone get this working? I'm also looking to see where this could be implemented in FusionPBX 4.4.3 on FS 1.8.5

When an internal user dials another internal extension number I want it to grab the 'Effective_Caller_ID_Name' of that user they are dialing and display that name while it's calling the other party.

Any idea's? Thank you

Methodz86

Apr 6, 2019
I assume it will need to be added to the 'local_extension' dialplan in Dialplan manager, I will do some testing when I get a chance

Methodz86

Apr 6, 2019
from the extension there are fields to set up about this

Looking at the existing Dialplan manager, I believe below will need to be added in to one of these Dialplans (1,2,3,4)

Tag = Action
Type = Set
Data = initial_callee_id_name='${user_data(${dialed_extension}@${domain_name} var effective_caller_id_name)}'
Break = ?
Inline = ?
Order = ?

1. 'user_exists'

2. 'caller-details'

3. 'is_local'

4. 'local_extension'

If anyone has input would be much appreciated.

Methodz86

Apr 6, 2019
Update on this one after some testing.

In the 'local_extension' dial-plan I added the below

Tag = Action
Type = Set
Data = initial_callee_id_name=${user_data(${dialed_extension}@${domain_name} var effective_caller_id_name)}
Break =
Inline =
Order = 38

I did not need to restart freeswitch, however when testing it only seems to work on the Polycom handset I have and not on the Yealink handset both registered to the same tenant domain name. I can see in the Freeswitch.log file that it's definitely collecting the right information for internal calls now so I'm not sure why it won't display the dialed extensions 'effective_caller_id_name' on the Yealink display screen. I will have to do some further testing and research

I can also confirm the name does NOT remain on the screen once the call is answered

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I really have never looked at this. I think this can be done with display updates but being as its only ever going to remind me of who I just dialled I cannot get too excited about it :)

Reactions: JamesBorne

Methodz86

Apr 6, 2019
I really have never looked at this. I think this can be done with display updates but being as its only ever going to remind me of who I just dialled I cannot get too excited about it :)

No worries, thanks anyway Daz for the quick reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.