Email to Fax Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjunaid

Oct 18, 2019
Hey experts, i've been trying to configure to fax to email for almost weeks but nothing is working i would really appreciate anyone who will help me to configure email to fax or fax to email, i have working fusionPBX and i can send and recieve fax now i want to configure email to fax or fax to email ? Any idea how can i do that?? Any Steps? Any documentation? Any guide? Anything would be appreciated.
Thanks

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
If you can receive fax, all you need to fax-to-email is a working SMTP configuration.
This would be a lot easier if you attempted it and provided logs or images of what you've tried.

rjunaid

Oct 18, 2019
Thanks James for replying and what do you mean by working SMTP Configuration? Do i need to install Postfix for this ?? or anything else?
Can you please write down the steps that are involved in email to fax ?
And there's no email option like i don't even know how to send fax from email to fax and fax to email

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
what do you mean by working SMTP Configuration
You don't have to install anything.
How would email magically work if you don't have an upstream?
Same concept as how would outbound calling work if you don't have a gateway registered to a provider?

Can you please write down the steps that are involved in email to fax ?
No, because it's already documented on the official documentation;
https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/advanced/default_settings/email.html

rjunaid

Oct 18, 2019
Hey i follow those steps but nothing is happeing i attached documents below so you can review and ther's an email option in fax server when we click on advance what i give us conifiguration page where asking pop and imap what that page is used for ?
i created my own fax server (humaizshahid.com) i want to use this as my smtp server and you said it work like gateway so we add trunk for registration with provider how it goes with gmail or anyother server ? like if even try gmail setting it also didn't work am very confused sir please help

Attachments

• email log.PNG
    email log.PNG
    16.5 KB · Views: 79
  • email setting.PNG
    email setting.PNG
    24.6 KB · Views: 82

agree

Aug 26, 2018
Hey i follow those steps but nothing is happeing i attached documents below so you can review and ther's an email option in fax server when we click on advance what i give us conifiguration page where asking pop and imap what that page is used for ?
i created my own fax server (humaizshahid.com) i want to use this as my smtp server and you said it work like gateway so we add trunk for registration with provider how it goes with gmail or anyother server ? like if even try gmail setting it also didn't work am very confused sir please help
Disable smtp_hostname

rjunaid

Oct 18, 2019
Settings

method: smtp
smtp_auth: true
smtp_from: rjunaid.sh@gmail.com
smtp_from_name: Voicemail
smtp_host: smtp.gmail.com
smtp_password: [REDACTED]
smtp_port: 587
smtp_secure: tls
smtp_username: rjunaid.sh@gmail.com
smtp_validate_certificate: true

Connection

SMTP -> FROM SERVER:220 smtp.gmail.com ESMTP c24sm16943618qtk.40 - gsmtp
SMTP -> FROM SERVER: 250-smtp.gmail.com at your service, [3.83.223.194] 250-SIZE 35882577 250-8BITMIME 250-STARTTLS 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-PIPELINING 250-CHUNKING 250 SMTPUTF8
SMTP -> FROM SERVER:220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS
SMTP -> FROM SERVER: 250-smtp.gmail.com at your service, [3.83.223.194] 250-SIZE 35882577 250-8BITMIME 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN XOAUTH2 PLAIN-CLIENTTOKEN OAUTHBEARER XOAUTH 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-PIPELINING 250-CHUNKING 250 SMTPUTF8
SMTP -> ERROR: Password not accepted from server: 535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at 535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials c24sm16943618qtk.40 - gsmtp
SMTP -> FROM SERVER:250 2.1.5 Flushed c24sm16943618qtk.40 - gsmtp
SMTP -> FROM SERVER:530-5.7.0 Authentication Required. Learn more at 530 5.7.0 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=WantAuthError c24sm16943618qtk.40 - gsmtp
SMTP -> ERROR: MAIL not accepted from server: 530-5.7.0 Authentication Required. Learn more at 530 5.7.0 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=WantAuthError c24sm16943618qtk.40 - gsmtp
The following From address failed: rjunaid.sh@gmail.com

Result

Message Failed...
The following From address failed: rjunaid.sh@gmail.com
SMTP server error: 5.7.0 Authentication Required. Learn more at 530 5.7.0 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=WantAuthError c24sm16943618qtk.40 - gsmtp

Hey still not working? can you please help me with some explanation or anything that can really help

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
@rjunaid , while I do not have an explanation for why it is not working for you, in general, I have found gmail to be cumbersome to use for this type of purposes. You may want to look into services such as mailjet, mailchimp, sendinblue, etc. Their purpose is to be used by third party applcations to send emails. Perhaps that would work better for you. It does for me for other applications I have.

Good luck.

rjunaid

Oct 18, 2019
I allowed insecure app on gmail but still nothing happen i even added my own mail server but still nothing happend it so frustrating

rjunaid

Oct 18, 2019
smtp_from: junaidsh@humaizshahid.com
smtp_host: smtp.humaizshahid.com
smtp_username: junaidsh@humaizshahid.com

Connection

SMTP -> ERROR: Failed to connect to server: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known (0)
The following From address failed: junaidsh@humaizshahid.com

Result

Message Failed...

rjunaid

Oct 18, 2019

Navid

Feb 23, 2018
Settings

smtp_from: junaidsh@humaizshahid.com
smtp_host: mail.humaizshahid.com
smtp_username: junaidsh

Connection

SMTP -> ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Connection refused (111)

Result

Message Failed...
were you able to get SSL or TLS email working. I could not , I used port 25 and it worked but i prefer SSL 465 ..any feedback ?

mcs3ss2

Sep 8, 2020
AU
in my case it works with 465 and ssl
email to fax is very unreliable
however sending fax via gui always works

krishan

Jun 15, 2021
for Gmail SMTP Server, login to GMAIL and turn on 2 step authentication>>> than under 2 step authentication create app password and it will generate a password use that password here in PBX, it will work

Status
Not open for further replies.