enabling Do Not Disturb (DND) has no effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpyle

Aug 1, 2019
Hello,

Enabling DND on an extension appears to have no effect -- calls still ring the extension normally. I can enable it through the Call Routing page on the web interface, dialing the feature code, or even with the DND button on the phone through feature sync (which is rather cool). In all cases, the Do Not Disturb value on the extension's Call Routing page reflects it's enabled, but it just doesn't act like it.

I see some ugliness on the FS console that may be related:

[DEBUG] switch_pgsql.c:439 Query (update v_follow_me set follow_me_enabled = 'false' where domain_uuid = '6d3a7d31-74aa-4dc8-b1cb-61750e7d5a28' and follow_me_uuid = '' ) returned PGRES_FATAL_ERROR
[ERR] switch_pgsql.c:680 Error executing query:
ERROR: invalid input syntax for type uuid: ""
LINE 1: ...3a7d31-74aa-4dc8-b1cb-61750e7d5a28' and follow_me_uuid = ''
^

It looks like it's trying to disable follow_me for this extension when DND is enabled (which makes sense), but failing because there is no follow_me defined for this extension, so maybe DND never gets set completely? Obviously I'm guessing here. I'm wondering if this is a bug or a misconfiguration on my part.

- Jeff

thedoble

Aug 22, 2019
What handset is it ?

My SPA525's work with DND. The ring group will skip the extension.

jpyle

Aug 1, 2019
Enabling follow-me first prevents the error, but after enabling DND, calls to the extension continue to follow the follow-me route. It's still like the follow-me part of the dialplan just isn't there, or at the very least isn't working.

Where is the follow-me part of the dialplan? Where does the system check to see if a user has DND enabled, and if so, do something other than ring the extension normally?

jpyle

Aug 1, 2019
I've verified the do_not_disturb field in the v_extensions table is getting set properly for a user's DND status, but even when true, calls continue to ring the extension.

It looks like the do_not_disturb functionality itself is handled directly in the directory entry for the extension. From /usr/share/freeswitch/scripts/app/xml_handler/resources/scripts/directory/directory.lua line 639:

<variable name="do_not_disturb" value="]] .. do_not_disturb .. [["/>]]

where the variable is pulled from the DB. I'm not completely clear on how/when Freeswitch loads directory entries, so maybe something isn't getting updated there prior to the call. I'll read up on that and see what I can figure out. Any suggestions welcome!

- Jeff

jpyle

Aug 1, 2019
Ok, I figured this out. Early on in my Fusion PBX "wisdom" I had updated the local_extension bridge statement to use ${sofia_contact(${destination_number}@${domain_name})} instead of user/${destination_number}@${domain_name}. I think I was trying to use some of the multiple registration tricks I had used on solo FreeSWITCH in the past. I've restored it to the stock user/ approach, and DND works fine.

Reactions: JamesBorne
Status
Not open for further replies.