Error loading mod_local_stream.so

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdl

Apr 20, 2021
Hi,
I have a problem with FusionPBX to which I cannot find any further information.

My "/var/log/freeswitch.log" has this line printed every other second:
2021-05-04 13:19:41.688363 [ERR] switch_core_file.c:307 Invalid file format [local_stream] for [default]!

In the FuxionPBX web UI, under "Advanced" -> "Modules", the "Local Stream" module has Status "Stopped" (in red). It's set to enabled. If I click the "Start" action, the freeswitch log prints this line (and the module is again listed as stopped):

2021-05-04 13:17:45.668336 [CRIT] switch_loadable_module.c:1785 Error Loading module /usr/lib/freeswitch/mod/mod_local_stream.so **Module load routine returned an error**

"/usr/lib/freeswitch/mod/mod_local_stream.so" is present on the filesystem. I did not change any autoload configs for the local stream module. I cannot seem to find any further log output on why the loading fails.

Does anyone have an idea on what I can do?

Thanks in advance,
Franz

shabhaz

Oct 2, 2020
Hi,
I'm facing the same issue on new installation.: FreeSwitch v1.10.6 (64bit)

[CRIT] switch_loadable_module.c:1785 Error Loading module /usr/lib/freeswitch/mod/mod_local_stream.so **Module load routine returned an error**

Last edited:

a_k

Mar 24, 2022
I finally managed to find the reason for this: the fusionpbx installer did fail to set some of the values in the database.
Some indications of these setup failures were:
  • a file vars.xml was created in /
  • Advanced -> Modules in the web interface did not show any modules
  • paths in Advanced -> Default Settings -> Switch were wrong or unset
  • Applications -> Music on Hold does not show any sound files, just categories
To fix this, I did the following:
  • set correct paths in Advanced -> Default Settings -> Switch
  • empty cache
  • restart server
In the meantime I did reinstall fusionpbx on a devuan machine using vali-um's github pull request for the devuan part of the installer and noted the differences between my first try based on debian and this working second setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.