EXCHANGE_ROUTING_ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyprusvoip

Jan 14, 2018
Hi guys i have done an new clean installation on debian 10.I have added my extensions gateways as i do on every setup but i keep getting the same error EXCHANGE_ROUTING_ERROR.
Any thoughts

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Double check the gateway and if you have made any changes, make sure to stop and start it.

cyprusvoip

Jan 14, 2018
Dear Digital Diaz
This is a new installation.I done a new domain and added new gateway no luck,also I can’t make call extension to extension.i did not change anything on system only on theme section.
I have made few setups before it’s the first time I come across such an error

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
Hey @cyprusvoip,

Did you get anywhere with this? I also did a new installation this morning. It worked well for a while and then just stopped working with the same error. I cannot even call internal extensions. I wonder if it related to the version of Debian (10). I have freewsitch 1.10.1 (64bit) and FusionPBX 4.5.9. Same for you?

cyprusvoip

Jan 14, 2018
no i had to revert to a backup image i created before i done the installation.
Which version did u install master or stable?

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
Hi @cyprusvoip,

I installed the stable version. I am not so much of a cowboy when it comes to these things. I rather not find surprises. I guess I should have gone the easiest path of Debian 9 and freeswitch 1.8.x.

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
No... it does not. Well, I do not know, I am really puzzled with fusionpbx. It must be good because many people use it. It has great features and the easiness of administration compared to doing everything on freeswitch config files is quite something. But in just two weeks testing it we have gotten into the weirdest issues. Information is very, very scarce. As they say, it works well until it does not. I am pretty sure that under support it should be great but it makes it really challenging when you are trying to figure out whether or not to commit a project into it. Anyway, this is not the right thread for my catharsis. Let's just say, that in two weeks I had reinstalled the system four times in four different machines in different ways and I always get a different error after a while. Maybe it is just me, but it is frustrating. I am about to give up on the thing.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
All you have to do is get a Debian 10 and:
Code:
wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx-install.sh/master/debian/pre-install.sh | sh;

cd /usr/src/fusionpbx-install.sh/debian && ./install.sh

The problem is, the installer currently uses master which can possibly be broken, though rarely. Having been involved in the project for years I am still unsure what the current position is regarding installation. I think we are meant to ask the developer if its safe. In the past I would have recommended to switch to stable but in the crazy world of FusionPBX, master is currently more stable than stable. Hang in there though, as soon as we have the next release we (the forums) will create our own stable fork that will remain stable.

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
Hi @DigitalDaz ,

Thanks for replying. I actually modified the script to use the stable. I have tried the installation in several ways because I figured I was the problem.I tried it on Debian 10 and Debian 9. And life was wonderful for a while in both until I hit a wall (actually different walls, I've never ended up with the same problem)

As I was saying before, I really want to use FusionPBX, it is a hell of a good interface for freeswitch, the developers have done a great job. I will tried once more again today. So, I understand right now using master is preferable than stable, right?

Many thanks!

7to10

Sep 18, 2018
I have run into the same problem. Fresh installations with Debian 10 and then 9. Registered extension can call talking time or date ONCE and the second time it gets a fast busy with 483 Too Many Hops and exchange_routing_error.

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
Sorry @7to10 you are having the same issue but I feel sort of a relief it is not just me :) That being said, can anybody please recommend a combination of OS version / switch and fusion to use at this point? Something that is running solid in production.

Thanks!

7to10

Sep 18, 2018
Sorry @7to10 you are having the same issue but I feel sort of a relief it is not just me :) That being said, can anybody please recommend a combination of OS version / switch and fusion to use at this point? Something that is running solid in production.

Thanks!
SURE!!!! DigitalDaz got me pointed in the right direction (MANY THANKS)! I installed Deb8 and used the first part of the install command
"wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx-install.sh/master/debian/pre-install.sh | sh;" then "cd /usr/src/fusionpbx-install.sh/debian/resources" edit config.sh and change "system_branch" from "master" to "stable". Further discussion in #fusionpbx on IRC leads us to believe that an upgrade wont trigger this weirdness. I went with Deb8 but I bet Deb9 would work too. GOOD LUCK!!!!

7to10

Sep 18, 2018
SURE!!!! DigitalDaz got me pointed in the right direction (MANY THANKS)! I installed Deb8 and used the first part of the install command
"wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx-install.sh/master/debian/pre-install.sh | sh;" then "cd /usr/src/fusionpbx-install.sh/debian/resources" edit config.sh and change "system_branch" from "master" to "stable". Further discussion in #fusionpbx on IRC leads us to believe that an upgrade wont trigger this weirdness. I went with Deb8 but I bet Deb9 would work too. GOOD LUCK!!!!

It is not running in production though. It is now working. I have ~6 other instances from 4.4.x to 4.5.8 in production though.

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019

Fantastic. Many thanks for the pointers. I actually tried that before but on Debian 10, I'll give it a try on 9 although I cannot see what big difference it would make. I should join the IRC channel!

Status
Not open for further replies.