Exposing audio files to mobile app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolfolks

May 1, 2020
I need to be able to play the messages within my app.

I have got the paths from the database table v_call_recordings

eg var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/my.domain.com/archive/

so if use my.domain.com/var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/my.domain.com/archive/2020/may/mywav.wav

So how do I expose these.

I have seen

chmod 0444 var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/my.domain.com/archive/ but am unsure whether this makes it read only internally or externally.

Answers at idiot level please.

toolfolks

May 1, 2020
Hi guys,

anyone know how to do this.

I presume I would need to password protect the folders so only my app can load the wav files.

I've found various methods to do this but am unsure what to do and don't want to screw my folder permissions up......

toolfolks

May 1, 2020
Looks a complicated method for what I need.

In the app I filter on the extension ( eg ext 1000 ) for the connected tenant.
I then pull the call history from the database.
I then want to drill down using 'call_recording_uuid'
I combine the path and filenames using call_recordingPath ( /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/xxx.xxx.com/archive/2020/May/15 ) + call_recording_name ( ddf46787-3ae8-4360-9656-b761e830d2ad.wav ).
I then use an audio player to play url:
' /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/xxx.xxx.com/archive/2020/May/15/ddf46787-3ae8-4360-9656-b761e830d2ad.wav'
So I need to:
'expose' folder /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/xxx.xxx.com/archive/
Password protect it.
So How do I work the path out ?

www.my.domain.com/ path to audio file folder

On Cpanel on our web domain I would do:

https://www.inmotionhosting.com/sup...otect-a-directory-in-my-control-panel-cpanel/

Cheers

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I guess what you mean by "expose" is set up some sort of network share for the folder. There are many ways in which it could be done, but I guess if you are in "Windows land" then Samba may be your best option (https://www.samba.org/samba/what_is_samba.html).

But believe me, you REALLY DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS unless you really know what you are doing.

The best way as @ad5ou suggests is by using some sort of API.

Status
Not open for further replies.