Extension to Extension Calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc6650

Apr 8, 2019
Hello
I have two softphones on the same network, DN 206 & 207. For some inexplicable reason they cannot call each other. I'm getting an error message in WireShark of " NO_ROUTE_DESTINACTION". I've attached a screen shot of my findings. I must have accidentally changed something in my setup but I don't know where to look.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Attachments

• NO_ROUTE_DESTINATION.png
    NO_ROUTE_DESTINATION.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 11

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
The full Wireshark trace would be more helpful, so we can see what messages, if any, are being sent to the destination. Have you confirmed that both softphones are registered OK?

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
SIP ALG? Might be munging the SIP packets back in. You can usually rule it out by changing the transport to TCP, routers never seem to assume SIP runs over TCP.

You'll probably also want to try using 'sngrep' on the server itself. Might give a bit more insight into what is happening.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
sngrep is a good tool, but it will not give you any more information than you are already getting from Wireshark. I would not go down the route of changing protocols at this stage. SIP uses UDP for good reasons.

mc6650

Apr 8, 2019
Okay. Thanks for the help.

A little bit of extra fluff. This is a relatively new fusionPBX install and I'm at version 4.5.25 on Debian 10 when I started messing around with trying to configure a gateway and create inbound and outbound routes. I was successful in creating and registering the gateway (as an extension off my providers system i.e user id is 202 and password is xxxx), however my outbound route didn't work and I don't believe my inbound route worked either - didn't test it though! So I started troubleshooting and noticed that I couldn't make extension to extension calls i.e DN 206 to 207. So maybe.... once my internal call issue is resolved I can get cracking on making external calls etc.

Please find attached the wireshark file and a screen shot confirming the softphones are registered. I'm not an expert at wireshark files so I'm not sure if I've captured everything required.

Attachments

• Registrations.jpg
    Registrations.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 12

mc6650

Apr 8, 2019
Hello
I can't upload a .pcapng file so I changed the extension to .txt. It can then be downloaded locally and given a .pcapng extension. Thank.

Attachments

• June 4, 2021 V1.txt
    52.3 KB · Views: 7

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
OK, what I'm about to say may sound a little confusing, and I may not be strictly correct, but here we go...

I can see from your packet capture that 206 (192.168.2.65) sends an INVITE to 207. 192.168.2.25 is the IP address of your Fusion PBX. Your FusionPBX receives the INVITE and responds with a 100 Trying and then a 404 Not Found. Your Fusion PBX does not even attempt to send an INVITE out to 207 which according to your registrations screenshot is at IP 192.168.2.52. The reason header in the 404 Not Found is Q.850;cause=3;text="NO_ROUTE_DESTINATION".

My guess is, and this is the confusing bit, you are using the default domain that was created when you installed FusionPBX, now although the domain looks like an IP address (192.168.2.25), it is just a domain name and not an actual IP address. I think that maybe Fusion (FreeSWITCH) is trying to do a DNS lookup on 192.168.2.25 to try and resolve it to an IP address in order to work out that 192.168.2.25 is actually itself and if this lookup fails, the NO_ROUTE_DESTINATION error is generated.

I may be wrong about this, I have never used the default install domain, I have always used a name that resolves with a DNS lookup. It's very late here and I don't have time to test the theory today but you could try using an FQDN instead of 192.168.2.25 or try putting 192.168.2.25 in your /etc/hosts file.

Reactions: dipal.patel
Status
Not open for further replies.