Extensions in Ring Group not ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnwitguy

Dec 22, 2019
I've had this problem before and it's so erratic. Everything works great for about a week or two, then boom, a wrench is thrown in. I have 3 extensions, 200, 201, and 202 that are all in the ring group of 600. I haven't changed anything, yet only 202 would ring, but never go to voicemail, now none of them ring. I even deleted the ring group, re created it and the same with the inbound. It's really driving me nuts as I can't figure out why it's doing this. I can make calls no problem, I can call each extension from one another.

pnwitguy

Dec 22, 2019
I completely deleted the ring group, changed it to 500. Now the softphone and ATA are ringing, but not the deskphone. Strange thing is i can dial out with the deskphone, but now even the other extensions can't ring it. Ugh.

pnwitguy

Dec 22, 2019
Deleted the extension, re added 200. Still the same issue. Same thing happened to my old domain, so I created a new one and the issue came back. I've set the 200 extension up on hardware and softphone. Same results. When I go to active calls it shows the ring group ringing, shows 201 and 202 and another random string of letters and numbers that resembles a mac address, but I don't have any devices with that mac address.

vespaman

Jul 28, 2017
go to dialplan/dialplan manager, make sure there are no number clashes here eg ring groups that may not have deleted.

fusion200fusion.testpbx.com101True

go to advanced/sip profiles/internal, check you have multiple registrations as below:

multiple-registrationscontact true

when you delete things or make domain changes go to status/sip status and press "flush cache" then "reload acl" then "reload xml".

sometimes you also need to restart freeswitch for some changes to "take " go to CLI login to your fpbx and enter service freeswitch restart.

pnwitguy

Dec 22, 2019
go to dialplan/dialplan manager, make sure there are no number clashes here eg ring groups that may not have deleted.

fusion200fusion.testpbx.com101True

go to advanced/sip profiles/internal, check you have multiple registrations as below:

multiple-registrationscontact true

when you delete things or make domain changes go to status/sip status and press "flush cache" then "reload acl" then "reload xml".

sometimes you also need to restart freeswitch for some changes to "take " go to CLI login to your fpbx and enter service freeswitch restart.

Thanks for all that good advice, definitely something I will remember in the future. Unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.

pnwitguy

Dec 22, 2019
I did all that, then changed simulatneous ring to enterprise and now it's ringing after all this. Is it normal to have these issues?

vespaman

Jul 28, 2017
its a free product.
it gets upgraded and some things change with no notice.
If you are paying for support then you get more information, otherwise its just what people share here.

Reactions: Scottb
Status
Not open for further replies.