Fail2ban blocking outbound trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Main

Jan 24, 2017
Hey guys anyone ever had an issue with fail2ban and iptables auto blocking the ips for a gateway?

i use Simwood and all gateways point to out.simwood.com

It seems to be getting flagged so i cant ping the dns entries or there direct ips until fail2ban is off and iptables rules have been cleared

any ideas?

cheers

Matt

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
The answer will be in your log files, see when they got banned in the fail2ban log, then match that in your freeswitch log.

Reactions: Matthew Main

ZPM

Nov 15, 2017
I have made a mistake before with the jail.conf file that caused fail2ban to block my SIP trunk provider IP. The ignoreip= field I accidentally added a customer router IP without the CIDR. XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX BAD XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/32 GOOD

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
This happens every single time i install a new pbx, you simply add it to teh fail2ban ignore as said above and it stops the issue, not sure why it bans it just know it must be added, which is probably best practice anyway :)

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I have had this happen when I have registered a gateway with a SIP provider but forgot to create a destination (inbound route). Freeswitch then puts something like "DID not found" and the SIP providers IP address in the log which fail2ban then picks up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.