Fail2ban on FusionPBX with CentOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pm0115

Jun 11, 2020
Hello,

I am fairly new to FusionPBX and I'm trying to enable Fail2ban on my installed FusionPBX which is running on CentOS 7. I have tried the same on Debian OS and Fail2ban was working as expected. But looks like it is a bit different with CentOS and I am not able to find any documentation for fail2ban on fusionpbx (CentOS). Can some one guide me on how to achieve this?
Below is what I have tried:
1. Went to /etc/fail2ban/jail.local, and changed below to 'True'
-freeswitch-ip-udp = True
-freeswitch-ip-tcp = True
1622114194972.png

But I am not able to verify if my Fail2ban is working correctly. I tried to open the fail2ban.log file, but it gives an error that 'text file is busy'
1622114299264.png

Thanks,
PM

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
CentOS 7 uses FirewallD to manage the tables, iirc. I can't remember if this makes Fail2Ban act weird, or just mungs your iptables rules. Not sure what's going on with the BASH error though not very common for a log file to be locked like that.

Really, unless you're confident in the major differences between Debian and CentOS, I'd just stick with the Debian release. (However I do wish CentOS was the main target, for personal reasons!). The FreeSwitch lot only build against Debian now anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.