Fail2ban - Whitelist IPs that are in the Access Control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
Hi

I'm having a strange occurrence where one of my SIP trunk providers is managing to get one of their signalling IP's blocked by FusionPBX / Fail2ban in the fusionpbx-404 jail. I can't find the log that that fail2ban filter is looking over, however I assume its the freeswitch.log based on looking at the rules (however I know fusionpbx used to have an nginx-404 fail2ban active too but that doesn't seem to be active now unless it's hidden in another filter!

I have the IP in question added to the allow in the domains ACL but it must be picking up a 404 inbound route number which isn't setup in my inbound routes and triggering the 404?

I have checked over the freeswitch.log, nginx access.log, nginx error.log and can't seem to find where / when this IP would be getting banned based on the time it was banned in the fail2ban log.

Calls start failing then when this ban is active.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Just add the carrier IPs to the ignore list in fail2bans jail.conf

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
Yeah I had a feeling you were going to say that! :) In the end I just had a word with my trunk provider to stop sending me numbers I'd previously cancelled which I found in the freeswitch.log.6 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.