Failed Download FusionPBX Data Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodie Wood

Apr 17, 2017
Hi,

My pbx server is currently running version 4.2.2 and I'm running it under hyper-v. I need to download backup my pbx server data, but it fails to download a backup file. TIA

Last edited:

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
When you say backup, I'm assuming you mean your database backup. Not your voicemails, call recordings, etc..

If this is the case, FusionPBX has a maintenance script included with it that will create backups of your database daily and store them locally on your server. You can then SCP into your server and/or rsync a recent backup to a remote server to retrieve them.

Reactions: Woodie Wood

Woodie Wood

Apr 17, 2017
Kenny,

Thanks for the information, this is helpful as well. I think, what I'm trying to download as backup is the config file or data? I'm using the Advanced->Backup.

Last edited:

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Hi Woody

My apologies, I gave wrong informaton in my previous post.. The maintenance script doesn't backup your database, it clears out old call recordings, voicemails, faxes, etc. to maintain disk space.

In my experience, the Advanced > Backup in the GUI has never worked.

By config file, you probably mean the database. The database holds all of your FusionPBX config data (domains, extensions, theme, users, settings, etc.).

If you were trying to download actual call recording files, voicemail files, fax files, etc. that would be a file level backup.

You can configure FusionPBX to create a backup of your database daily and store it locally on your server. You can then SCP into your server or rsync your backup to a remote server to retrieve it.

Steps for configuring your database backup are documented here:
http://fusionpbx-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started/backup.html

Follow the steps under "Command Line" and "Crontab"

Make sure to give your script execute permissions after you create it (that isn't documented in the link above, but it's implied you already know to do that). Ex: chmod +x fusionpbx-backup.sh

Woodie Wood

Apr 17, 2017
Kenny,

Thanks for the information. I think I have experienced to back it up using the gui once and it works, but right now, it won't. I'll try to do the steps on the link of the fusionpbx docs. This is noted. I'll let you know how will it go. Thanks very much

Status
Not open for further replies.