Fanvil Zero Touch Auto Provisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2018
Does anyone use https://fdps.fanvil.com.

I didn't know it existed until Dave Jacob pointed me in the right direction.

I'm told its not that good though.
We tested with a couple of phones and it did work—at least enough to point the phones over to our provisioning server. However, since we don’t sell these phones, I don’t have experience with any kind of volume on it.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
We tested with a couple of phones and it did work—at least enough to point the phones over to our provisioning server. However, since we don’t sell these phones, I don’t have experience with any kind of volume on it.

Hi @Jonathan Black, long time no see :) Thanks, how do you get access to it?

Regards
Daz

Jan 9, 2018
Hi @Jonathan Black, long time no see :) Thanks, how do you get access to it?

Regards
Daz
Thanks, I’ve been around, but mostly DM with people asking questions.

If memory serves, my business partner signed up for it with them. I don’t recall it being an arduous process.
We primarily sell Grandstream phones and like their GDMS management service. As we understand, Fanvil has a similar “FDMS”, but it looks like it is a piece of software that you download and host somewhere. More hassle than we wanted to go through at the time just for evaluation purposes.

Reactions: sdavison

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Cool thanks. I'm looking as we have a job that is potentially going to be 50K units so we don't want to touch them :)

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
Cool thanks. I'm looking as we have a job that is potentially going to be 50K units so we don't want to touch them :)
If you're potentially buying 50k Fanvil units, they should send some one to you and give you a demo. just my .02

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
For 50k units just contact Yealink and they’ll likely give you a huge discount. You don’t want to be dealing with hardware faults at that sort of scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.