Fax detection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Hi all

For some reason fax detection isn't working on a DID that I have.

I have a toll free number that is used as a main number and a fax number.. I have fax detection enabled on the DID within Fusion that points to the fax server that I created. When faxes are coming through, they are ringing the phones every time for some reason.

Anything else I need to be looking at?

Thanks,
Kenny

Patrick_S

Oct 21, 2021
I am having this issue as well but judging from the date of your post no one knows how to fix this 4 years later.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
If you have the DID set to route directly to a ring group, fax detection generally doesn't work well or at best will be quite annoying since it takes time for detection to work.

We route any shared numbers needing fax detection to an IVR and it works like a charm. I have also routed a DID to a conferencing center with fax detection with success.

Reactions: markjcrane

Patrick_S

Oct 21, 2021
If you have the DID set to route directly to a ring group, fax detection generally doesn't work well or at best will be quite annoying since it takes time for detection to work.

We route any shared numbers needing fax detection to an IVR and it works like a charm. I have also routed a DID to a conferencing center with fax detection with success.
Thank you for this it solved my issue.

bbardon

Jun 20, 2020

Does the IVR need to play sound files and present options, or is it just there for the fax detection logic and only has a timeout and an exit action?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
We typically setup a real IVR with greeting and menu options, but something as simple as “thank you for calling XYZ company…please wait while we connect your call” with a short timeout would work

Status
Not open for further replies.