Fax sending confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffik

Nov 26, 2018
Hello, we have used faxing in fusion for a while. It works. Now a user is asking if there is a way to receive a confirmation of fax send was successful or failed. Does the fax function in Fusionpbx have this ability? Thanks in advance

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Yes. It can send confirmation emails for sent, busy, invalid, and failed faxes.

You will need valid settings for email sending in Default Settings>Email
The user logged in while sending a fax will also need an email address listed in user details for the server to send results to.

jeffik

Nov 26, 2018
Hi ad5ou: we already send faxes to email addresses successfulluso I am guessing that is working properly. Also, is there a way to send by sending to an email address that wil be accepted by the server and forwarded to a fax DN? Authentication would be based on the email if the original make sender email address. Thanksun advance!

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
email to fax is possible but not documented very well in the public documentation. I don't use the feature so can't help much with the details but if you search the forums, there has been a few discussions about setting up the email to fax feature

jeffik

Nov 26, 2018
Hi again, thajks for the additionmal informationm. I will search for it to see what I cam find. The best thing you said was that it is possible. Manmy thaqjks,

jeffik

Nov 26, 2018
email to fax is possible but not documented very well in the public documentation. I don't use the feature so can't help much with the details but if you search the forums, there has been a few discussions about setting up the email to fax feature
Hi ad5ou. Iam finally looking at Fax settoinmgs. Do I need to access Apps, Fax Server, open an existing working servrer, and click on 'Adfanced'? Whenm I click on 'Advanded' nothignhappens. I have the same result if I creat a new Fax Server and click on 'Advanced'. When I mouse over 'Advanmced' i see the hancd,m indiucating it is clickable. . Any suggrestions? Thanks

jeffik

Nov 26, 2018
Hi ad5ou. Iam finally looking at Fax settoinmgs. Do I need to access Apps, Fax Server, open an existing working servrer, and click on 'Adfanced'? Whenm I click on 'Advanded' nothignhappens. I have the same result if I creat a new Fax Server and click on 'Advanced'. When I mouse over 'Advanmced' i see the hancd,m indiucating it is clickable. . Any suggrestions? Thanks
Hi, an update, when I scroll dow I see the 'Advanced' menu. Now to see what would be requirec to enable fax confirmation

Feb 5, 2021
Hi @jeffik as for what I have seen the Fax server will send an email notification when fax is sent or when fax is received, to the first email address in the email section on the top part of the Fax Server window (as shown in the image). The second email will be notified only when fax is received.
1642597703862.png

You should also check that the option "keep_local" inside the Fax section of Domain settings is enabled, when you enabled this option, the faxes will begin to be saved inside the server, so you have to follow up disk space.

I hope this helps.

jeffik

Nov 26, 2018
Hi Lorena,
thank you for your response and informatrion.
1.. Yes this is very helpful. I have one simple fax to email working on a tenant. I have an email address in the first space but nothing in the second one. I had not seen any documentation of what the two fields are for. There is no hint on the interface. So you clarification is appreciated.

2.. One of the functions I am looking for is to send a confirmation to the original sender that the fax was received, failed, line was busy, or what the status Do you have any ideas about this? Essentially I am trying duplicate the function of RCFAX. I do notkmow if IU am going into the e-fax business, but i have three existing VoIP customers that are asking for it.

Thank you!

Feb 5, 2021
Hi @jeffik, I do receive emails confirmation when fax is successful, when it fails, etc. Make sure you have this email templates in Advance - Email templates, and they are Enabled. The emails confirmations should be received in the 1stemail configured inside the Fax Server settings.

Attachments

• Fax Email Templates.png
    Fax Email Templates.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 9

jeffik

Nov 26, 2018
Hi @jeffik, I do receive emails confirmation when fax is successful, when it fails, etc. Make sure you have this email templates in Advance - Email templates, and they are Enabled. The emails confirmations should be received in the 1stemail configured inside the Fax S

jeffik

Nov 26, 2018
Hi @jeffik, I do receive emails confirmation when fax is successful, when it fails, etc. Make sure you have this email templates in Advance - Email templates, and they are Enabled. The emails confirmations should be received in the 1stemail configured inside the Fax Server settings.
Hi Lorena. Thank you for the informatory and the screen capture. What screen is this? Is this the Fax Server screen, the Fax Server ‘Advanced’ screen? May I ask what version of Fusion you are running? Maybe I need to upgrade mine.

Feb 5, 2021
The images I attached are from the email templates in Advance Menu - Email templates option. If you don't have this templates you can create them. I am running 4.5.19 version.

gwatson

Sep 28, 2020
I believe confirmation emails are only sent to the first email address listed in the settings Lorena listed, a confirmation is not sent to the sender of the fax.

Status
Not open for further replies.