SOLVED Fax server

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
Hi,

I'm trying to force a lower baud rate and error correction on my clients fax servers to increase reliability. I added this in the dial plan manager to a fax server I created in a test domain:

XML:
                <action application="set" data="fax_use_ecm=true"/>
                <action application="set" data="disable-v17=true"/>
                <action application="set" data="fax_v17_disabled=true"/>
                <action application="set" data="fax_disable_v17=true"/>

I works fine in the test domain:

1604959892162.png

However when I repeat the process in the live domain no love:

1604960028456.png

Ecm is still off and it's still at 14400. I've double checked for spelling, and syntax errors and can't find any (it was cop and paste anyway). Does anyone know why the XML from the dialplan would be applied in one domain and not the other?

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
Ok,

Sorry I did this in completely the wrong way. If you hand edit the XML for each fax server it'll just get copied over by the defaults when you make changes and save the fax server.

The proper place to d this, and I would of known this if I RTFM is in the default settings are and add the variables there. Unfortunately the changes are then global but for faxing that's no biggie.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
These are my settings:

1607097197017.png

This basically attempts to force all faxes to 9600 baud and turns on ECM. This is probably the slowest way to receive faxes but I've found it to be the most reliable.

Reactions: mcs3ss2

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
One more thing to add. I was mistakenly faxing out using G722 and the transcoding (I'm assuming) was really messing up outgoing faxes. To fix this add this variable to the fax section:

absolute_codec_string=PCMU

Reactions: mcs3ss2
Status
Not open for further replies.