Feature Request: Wildcard call block

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurabG

Aug 25, 2022
Hi all.

Call block app doesn't support wildcard right now. I looked around the PHP code and saw that it is escaped for obvious purposes (SQL injection). So instead of meddling with the code myself, I suggest a feature request here. There are cases where varying spam numbers sharing the same number pool haunt the PBX. So blocking them one by one is a bit tedious and each time they are blocked, they start using a new number from the same pool to harass you and you go to call block app to add one more number..

Instead it would be better to add some prefix and a wildcard so the spammers would get hit at once. (See the screenshot for an example of spammers using different numbers starting with the same prefix.)

By the way I work this around with inbound rules and regex right now; but as I said, call block is actually for call block, ain't it. :)

Attachments

• resim_2023-12-14_111757530.png
    resim_2023-12-14_111757530.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 13

volkswagner

Nov 18, 2020
Depending on the complexity of your inbound routes, maybe you can implement it there (the caller ID field should accept regex)? Robocalls get me to twist the customer's arm for inbound calls (for all published numbers) sent to IVR requiring human input. Calls without human input > hang up.

Status
Not open for further replies.