Follow Me / Call Forward Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Good morning-

I did some reading in a previous post here and read that Mark recently rewrote follow me so I upgraded hoping that this long-time problem of not being able to set the caller ID number of forwarded calls or calls from follow me to a specific DID rather than the callers number would be fixed -- nope, still broken apparently.

Does anyone have this working using another method by chance?

Example: Call comes in on 111-222-3333 which routes to extension 103. 103 is forwarded to 444-555-6666. In normal cases the inbound caller ID for the call being directed to 444-555-6666 would show the callers number as the caller ID: 111-222-3333. I'm looking for a way to change in the inbound caller ID number of these calls to show for example, the number that the caller dialed rather than the callers number.

The main reason for this use case is so that forwarded calls from the phone system can be distinguished as a business phone call rather than personal phone call to a users cellphone.

There are options to set this parameter within FusionPBX that used to work, that no longer do. See attached.

Does anyone happen to have a solution for this scenario? Thank you!

Attachments

• fusion.PNG
    fusion.PNG
    84.2 KB · Views: 77

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Looks like I may have found a work around. I was able to direct a DID to a ring group, put the external number in the ring group member list and set the ring group caller ID number of the dialed DID. Not ideal --- but at least it works. If anyone has a better way of doing this, feel free to chime in. Thanks :)

rabbidiesel

Aug 28, 2020
9x9tech.com
Hi,

I am working on an issue exactly the opposite of yours.

I want my forwarded calls to show the caller's number and not my main CID.

I found that I added a static number under Dialplan>default_caller_id so that I don't have to add a number to every extension and then it will just cover the whole domain.

The issue that this created is that every FWD'd call shows the static number that I put there.

This might be an answer to your question.

Although, I am now looking for the right way to put an outbound number for an entire domain, but still have Call Forwarding show the caller's number.

Best Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.