Forwarding Incoming Call to External Number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2018
I have following scenario.

I receive a call on fusion. The call is forwarded to an external mobile number.

Now the mobile phone can see the caller id of outbound trunk.

How can I substitute the outbound trunk caller ID with callers phone number?

Feb 8, 2018
to be more clear, I would obtain following:

1) an external mobile number call to a my fixed number
2) I would forward call to a my mobile number
3) I would set caller id to the caller external mobile number

actually I can see always number on trunk.

how can I resolve ?

ccweblink

Feb 3, 2018
I am sure there many ways to resolve this. One of the ways will be to Ring Groups option. Your external number will be included in the Destinations field and you can then set Caller ID Number Field to a fixed number. Forwarded calls will appear as the fixed number.

Feb 8, 2018
I am sure there many ways to resolve this. One of the ways will be to Ring Groups option. Your external number will be included in the Destinations field and you can then set Caller ID Number Field to a fixed number. Forwarded calls will appear as the fixed number.
I need to set caller id to caller number not a specific fixed number

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
I think this happens by default if you don't set an outbound CLI, I would have to do an sngrep to verify. However most SIP providers will think you're spoofing (it is) and rewrite the number back to your trunk number.

Feb 8, 2018
I think this happens by default if you don't set an outbound CLI, I would have to do an sngrep to verify. However most SIP providers will think you're spoofing (it is) and rewrite the number back to your trunk number.
My provider permit to pass every CLI.

In that case, using the caller ID forwarding, I assume FusionPBX should pass the caller phone number, but it doesn't work :(

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
When I'm testing the Call Forward from an extension, it is showing the Remote-Party-ID as the inbound caller, as well as the FROM display name (not the username). You may wish to run an sngrep on the server to see the invite being sent to see if the the RPID, FROM or even PAID is correct first.

This is also the same behaviour if forwarding from a ring group too.

Status
Not open for further replies.