freeswitch lua scripts do not exist in default directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afshin Afzali

Jun 3, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have a fresh fusionpbx installation. I noticed that freeswitch scripts directory is empty. freeswitch complains "cannot open /usr/share/freeswitch/scripts/app.lua: No such file or directory"! The required scripts reside in /var/www/fusionpbx/app/scripts/resources/scripts/ although. I've searched in installation logs but did not find any error!

Appreciated

Afshin

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
If you are missing the scripts, it is likely you have done some sort of none standard/non-debian install.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Firstly, is it a privileged container? It needs to be. I think there are some other slight problems with lxc at the moment but nothing major.

Afshin Afzali

Jun 3, 2017
The main issue was related to these parameters in freeswitch.service control:

IOSchedulingClass=realtime
IOSchedulingPriority=2
CPUSchedulingPolicy=rr

they cause freeswitch does not started at installation time! Commenting these parameters after installation is too late because the installation process can not be completed (the scripts directory is empty). So I made a clean copy of the installation by edition the source.

Is this behavior related to a no-privileged container? :)

Last edited:

Edson

Aug 1, 2017
The main issue was related to these parameters in freeswitch.service control:

IOSchedulingClass=realtime
IOSchedulingPriority=2
CPUSchedulingPolicy=rr

they cause freeswitch does not started at installation time! Commenting these parameters after installation is too late because the installation process can not be completed (the scripts directory is empty). So I made a clean copy of the installation by edition the source.

Is this behavior related to a no-privileged container? :)
Dear,

I am trying to install FusionPBX on LXC Container on Proxmox. I am facing same issue. What did you edit exactly ? Thanks!

tgaspaillard

Nov 22, 2021
Hello,
I'm just hitting same issue.

Fresh installation on centos7 with a change (postgreql14 replace by postgresql13)
Any suggestions?

I noticed on a previous installation, the files were setup correctly (fusion 4.5.20, freeswitch 1.10.5)

Last edited:

tgaspaillard

Nov 22, 2021
While looking, i found theses lines

source : https://buildmedia.readthedocs.org/media/pdf/fusionpbx-doc/latest/fusionpbx-doc.pdf

Use github to get the updated files. You have to do this from an empty directory.

cp -R /usr/local/freeswitch/scripts /usr/local/freeswitch/scripts-bak
rm -Rf /usr/local/freeswitch/scripts/
cd /usr/src
git clone https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx.git
cp -R /var/www/fusionpbx/resources/install/scripts /usr/local/freeswitch
chown -R www-data:www-data /usr/local/freeswitch/scripts
cp -R /usr/local/freeswitch/scripts-bak/resources/config.lua /usr/local/freeswitch/
˓→scripts/resources/config.lua

I haven't used it in my previous installation. But lua files were present
/etc/fusionpbx/config.lua
etc...

tgaspaillard

Nov 22, 2021
Hello,

Finally, the installation was not complete properly. (postgresql stuff)
I don't know the real reason and no notification.
I guess there is some enhancement to be made on the installation process.

T.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
I just tested the install on Debian 11 on vultr.com it worked fine. As mentioned here Container type virtualization doesn’t act like bare metal and may require additional things to get it working.

Cent OS install likely needs some more work. Truth is every OS can get it working but over time something changes and makes it require more work to make it work. It’s also good to start with a minimal install.

tgaspaillard

Nov 22, 2021
Cent OS install likely needs some more work. Truth is every OS can get it working but over time something changes and makes it require more work to make it work. It’s also good to start with a minimal install.

It's working well on CentOS once you sort postgresql installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.