Freeswitch weakness

Status
Not open for further replies.

ou812

Nov 2, 2016
I very much hope to switch over from using Asterisk to Freeswitch/Fusionpbx, the only thing I am having trouble with is BLF's, I have read in some OLD posts that this is the one weakness of Freeswitch, I am not sure if it's my lack of knowledge in configuring this system or if today it still is a weakness, example when a extension use's server side DND it does not light the blf in order to see this condition you need a second blf for dnd for that extension, call centre login/logout the blf goes out after a few minutes and doesn't come back on till the agent logs out & in again. Is blf still a issue or do I need to continue to look for more configuration understanding.

Reactions: NerdUno

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
BLF typical use is knowing who is on a phone call and this works fine. In FusionPBX its also possible to use it for DND (config changes to make it work), call flows (config changes to make the light stay on when it should) and valet park. And a few other things it is currently at this moment not possible for call center login and logout without some additional programming.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
The weakness they are talking about is that FreeSWITCH will get bogged down a bit with heavy use of BLF. It has to manage the subscriptions and it does this as one process per sip profile.

ou812

Nov 2, 2016
BLF typical use is knowing who is on a phone call and this works fine. In FusionPBX its also possible to use it for DND (config changes to make it work), call flows (config changes to make the light stay on when it should) and valet park. And a few other things it is currently at this moment not possible for call center login and logout without some additional programming.

Hi Mark thank you for your response, is it possible for a agent to login/out only themselves using the qui I only found away to see all agents login/out.

I am unable to attend your upcoming training event as I am away that week, how often to you put these on.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Admin and AdvancedTraining is once every 1 to 3 months. Last class was in middle of August and upcoming one is middle of November so that is 3 months. I think one before that was 2 months. Can depend on development work load and other factors currently. I may try to do a class in the middle of December if that doesn't happen then would do it in the middle of January or end of it.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Yes and agent can login and out with the web interface in the menu -> Home -> Account Settings and change the status.

Reactions: NerdUno

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Is it possible for a agent to login/out only themselves using the qui I only found away to see all agents login/out.
- Agent can call *22 to login or logout.
- Home -> Account Settings and set the status.

Status
Not open for further replies.