Fusion PBX Billing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
Is anyone here using the fusionpbx billing system by Okay Network? I'd like to get some feedback on this application, please. It sounds like a better option than trunking every outbound call to ASTPP. Many thanks in advance for your help.

bayden10

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
www.icttech.net
Hi, we have custom modules built into our Billing System using CDRs and many other features for several PBX platforms for custom VoIP Packages and customizable rates within WHMCS. We will be moving focus now to some development over to FusionPBX in the next few weeks for CDR billing and then account provisioning. If you are interested please PM.

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
Please don’t hijack my thread with your advertisement. I would appreciate an answer from actual users if the above mentioned billing system. I just find it weird that this forum does not mention it at all.

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
Coming from the FreePBX / Asterisk community, I am a bit disappointed about the level of engagement and help on this forum. There must be some users in this forum who have used the Okay Network LCR and billing system for fusionpbx but when I search this forum there is almost no mention about this system except for one bad review from several years ago.

Please help me out here. I don't want to use ASTPP because the community edition lacks many important features and there is virtually no support unless you pay for the overpriced enterprise edition.

Reactions: mannyg

dbbrito

Oct 27, 2021
I share the same disappointment as yours, as I have already asked the same question here on the forum and it has never been answered. I actually don't understand why the developer himself doesn't make a billing module for fusion pbx, I would be happy to pay for it, even if at first it was a basic module to credit customer and statement with cost and sales fees. Another thing I thought of was to do the same as you, create an account for each customer in fusion and astpp as a trunk, just so the customer has the option of pbx and billing, but I gave up on the idea, because the customer is logging in to two systems quite complicated, but I'm thinking of another solution, which would be a module for whmcs integrating fusion and astpp, we can team up and pay modulesgarden.com to make this project for us, what do you think?

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
I don't know if it's really necessary to write a whole new billing module when there is already one available that can potentially do the job.

That's what this thread is about. To get some feedback from users on this forum who have used the Billing module from Okay Network. There must be someone here who has used this module given that it's been around since 2016. Below is the link so you know what I am talking about.
https://inside-out.xyz/technology/billing-lcr-for-fusionpbx-1-3-2-released.html

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
While I haven't personally used it I've spoken with people who have used it and the've had no issues at all. The main developer also runs a FusionPBX telegram group that is pretty active and he answers questions there and I've never seen any negative comments about the billing module.

Reactions: dcitelecom

dbbrito

Oct 27, 2021
But do you have installation documentation? What is the value of the module, I also look for this module, but the site of this billing seems abandoned...

dbbrito

Oct 27, 2021
It really took a long time to open, but I don't understand, is it paid or free? Have you tried installing? From what I see here he talks about a license...

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
It really took a long time to open, but I don't understand, is it paid or free? Have you tried installing? From what I see here he talks about a license...
It's not free. There is a recurring monthly fee of $49 (I think) or a one-time fee of $300 for the license. I haven't tried it yet which I why I asked for feedback here.

dbbrito

Oct 27, 2021
I'll try to install it tomorrow without fail, my fusion installation is in debian, I'll create a vm and install it on centos 7. There are times when the site doesn't even open, I think it's worth paying $49 to test it! If everything is ok, better buy the license, because astpp their values are totally absurd. But I believe that we will not have feedback from anyone about the use of this billing module, do you have the link where you inform the values?

mark.milton

Jan 26, 2022
I have tried out Daniel's billing module and plan to purchase a license in the next few days.
Installation wasn't the easiest and I ended up paying for them to install it. Would be much easier of the document covered everything you needed to know but he presumes you know ever last detail or FreeSwitch and FusionPBX.
You need 3 parts, LCR, Extended CDR (think that's what it's called) and billing but all that is covered in the document.

I will be using it with WHMCS but the integration isn't the best. It uses the billingitem API so you have to choose being due date or next invoice but using due date causes multiple invoices to be created between the invoice date and due date. Not exactly a issue caused by the module developer but a different integration would have helped that.

As someone said you can make a donation of $300 CAD to get a lifetime license and once he reaches his goal you will get the Open Source version.

If you reach out to Okay on Facebook he will give you a demo or at least he did when I asked. Don't think he uses this forum but he did in the past

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
I contacted the developer via messenger and his website is back up. Apparently a DNS issue on the server. I will also try to install it later this week and go for the $300 CAD license. It's not a big investment. It's cheaper in the long term and brings us one step closer to going open source.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
@dcitelecom I see you chastised a guy earlier in the thread for jumping on your post with a spam advert. that is EXACTLY why the author of the software you are asking about was banned from these forums many years ago, despite the fact that he was politely asked to stop, many times.

He also ran malware on his site for a couple of years that would install a miner into your browser whilst you were on his site.

Another thing with his billing as far as I am aware is that it needs to be installed on each server so I'm not sure how that would scale out.

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
@dcitelecom I see you chastised a guy earlier in the thread for jumping on your post with a spam advert. that is EXACTLY why the author of the software you are asking about was banned from these forums many years ago, despite the fact that he was politely asked to stop, many times.

He also ran malware on his site for a couple of years that would install a miner into your browser whilst you were on his site.

Another thing with his billing as far as I am aware is that it needs to be installed on each server so I'm not sure how that would scale out.
Yes, I sort of feel bad about it but I hadn't gotten any response yet and thought hijacking my thread would distract readers from the actual message in my post.

However, no matter what the developer did in the past, if this Billing module works as advertised (and feedback so far seems to say it does), then it could be a tremendously valuable addition for fusionpbx users, especially if it goes open source as promised after he reaches his funding goal. It's not like there are many choices out there for a low-cost Billing option and $300 is nothing compared to what the ASTPP guys are asking for the enterprise edition.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I'm not sure how much https://github.com/irontec/ivozprovider would fit your needs but take a look at it, its free.

I've only tested it using the wholesale part but you just create a trunk for each PBX tenant.

Its also truly prepaid if you want it in that client balances can NEVER go negative if you want it that way.

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
Thanks for the suggestion, it looks interesting. If I understand correctly, the IVOZ application is a Multitenant PBX. It's an integrated billing solution that's built around Asterisk 13 and PJSIP but I want to move away from Asterisk to Freeswitch so this won't work for me. My goal is to use fusionpbx with a billing engine or system also based on Freeswitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.