FusionPBX Docker image

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
Hello,

Is there a Docker image for FusionPBX? I found one, but it is not maintained. It is about 4 years old. If there is not an image can I start off with a Debian base image and install FusionPBX in the DockerFile?

thanks,

bdmonsey

Jul 23, 2019
Hello,

Is there a Docker image for FusionPBX? I found one, but it is not maintained. It is about 4 years old. If there is not an image can I start off with a Debian base image and install FusionPBX in the DockerFile?

thanks,
Why dont you open a docker by digital ocean with Debian and u do the installation? it's very simple

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
We have a Big VMware infrastructure and would like to use that instead of the cloud.
We do not use Docker for FusionPBX but we do use it for a Business to Business gateway with BT Openreach. I'm no Docker expert, in fact I have not touched it since I migrated the B2B on to it.

So I guess you will start by spinning up a VM and loading Docker on to it.

It is generally a good plan to keep Docker images small and have one Docker image to only one task. So for FusionPBX I guess we would need three Docker images (some of these may already be available). Start with a basic Debian (I would use 10 if it is available).

1. - Postgresql DB.
2. - NGINX Web server with /var/www/fusionpbx installed.
3. - Freeswitch - configured for FusionPBX with the /usr/share/freeswitch/scripts installed.

You will need to configure these to talk to each other, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. I hope someone else can chip in with some more help for you.

Kind regards,
Adrian.

rusguns

Jun 1, 2017
I think what @Adrian Fretwell is right, to spin up with containers FusionPBX should be configured in order to run one specific task... probably FusionPBX can be also configured in a way that is separated from freeswitch, which. may allow FusionPBX to be decoupled as well.

I am also trying to create a Docker image for Fusion, if someone of you have had some advance on this subject please let me know, maybe we may collaborate in pairs

Reactions: Ram

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
It can be done but to what benefit? Unless someone is going to constantly maintain it then it will be a real pain.

Following the docker principle of on task per container there will be many containers, then for each commit in Fusionpbx it may be a different container to upgrade.

An lxc container seems simpler and easier to maintain.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
I'm not a Docker expert but generally don't containers have issues around clock timing and Voip applications? I haven't revisited the subject in a lot of years but you always needed to run kernel patches etc to get things running properly, is that still the case?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
The containers will work very well without timing issues.

One of the companies I work for have freeswitch running in a couple of docker instances, they are processing a couple of thousand concurrent calls between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.