Fusionpbx gateway to gateway calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leighton Brennan

Oct 7, 2017
Hey
I have a deployment scenario where I have fusionpbx setup for a customer and they have a remote site they want to get a SIP trunk to the PBX as they are not ready to migrate to Fusion yet.
I have created a gateway and can dial from desk to desk however what I am looking to do is have users on the PBX in the remote site route external calls via the the Fusionpbx and likewise have incoming calls come in the SIp trunk provider and route to the gateway that is connected to the PBX.

Do you know if its possible to do gateway to gateway calling. It appears that if a call comes in on the gateway then it needs to match a destination in order to route anywhere.
Running Fusion v4.3.5 and freeswitch 1.6.20(64bit)

Any help/pointers much appreciated.
Thanks a lot.

Leighton Brennan

Oct 7, 2017
Hi Adrian
Thanks for your reply. Can you explain how I can use the function. I can see how I can get an inbound DID to route to the bridge but if I have a user on the other PBX who is trying to make an external call how would this be achieved?
Call flow would be

External PBX --------------------> FusionPBX --------------------> VoIP Provider
Both the external PBX and VoIP Provider are configured as gateways on Fusionpbx.
Thanks a lot.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
You probably need to set your "external pbx" to use a different context. By default, gateways use the "public" context. If this other PBX should act more like a local extension, you can set the context to your desired domain name. If the other pbx isn't fully trusted, you could set a custom context then build the appropriate dial plans to allow calls to flow.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
An alternative way would be to register the other pbx as an extension. Then any outbound calls from that pbx would be treated to the typical dial plans in the domain it is registered in.
For routing DID's from the carrier to the "extension"(other pbx) use the following example bridge statement as the destination.
sofia/internal/sip:$1${regex(${sofia_contact(1111111@my.pbx.net)}|^[^@]+(.*)|%1)}
In this example, the other pbx is registered as extension "1111111" at domain "my.pbx.net"
The regex in the bridge statement will change the "to" address to match the inbound digits.

This is the method I use for serving "sip trunks" to other pbx's

Reactions: Vzb007

Leighton Brennan

Oct 7, 2017
@ad5ou I have tried updating the gateway context to be the domain as opposed to public but I get a 480 temporarily unavailable.
Am I right in thinking that all I need to update on the gateway is the context or is there something else that needs to be changed. I tried stopping and starting the gateway after making the change but no joy.
When I check the freeswitch logs it seems to be still looking up the public context and not the domain context that I have assigned to the gateway.

Also in relation to the setup via extension. I asked the other PBX partner to do this but according to them they do not support SIP trunk registration!!!!! so I can only do it via gateway if that is indeed a viable option.
Much appreciate the input.
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.