Status
Not open for further replies.

Neyamt

Nov 12, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Please recommend a Master/Master Replication method for Fusionpbx databases. Has anyone achieved this using open source technology/method?

I did google search regarding FusionPBX and in this forum. No one has implemented a new method recently with Fusionpbx 4.x and 5.x using open source technology.

I am in phase of research and practice some ways of Master/Slave, Master/Master method of PostgreSQL with FusionPBX.

Please share your ideas and recommendation regarding the below technologies for Master/Master and Master/Slave replication:

1) Slony
2) Londiste
3) Bucardo
4) Pglogical
5) Repmgr
6) Patron
7) LL Server Mirroring
8) Pacemaker
9) Pgbouncer

I have practiced some method using the above technologies and have some more methods in my list which i will complete in next 1 to 2 week. Then will share the best one which i prefer as per my understanding and find out.

thanks

Last edited:

wouam31

Jul 1, 2022
Hi!
Your project interests me. And your test returns too.
I think it's not just the database to manage, but also some files (if I'm not talking nonsense)

/etc/freeswitch/
/var/lib/freeswitch/storage
/var/lib/freeswitch/recordings
/usr/share/freeswitch/scripts
/usr/share/freeswitch/sounds

The software you listed can copy folders?

Good day!

Neyamt

Nov 12, 2021
Hi!
Your project interests me. And your test returns too.
I think it's not just the database to manage, but also some files (if I'm not talking nonsense)

/etc/freeswitch/
/var/lib/freeswitch/storage
/var/lib/freeswitch/recordings
/usr/share/freeswitch/scripts
/usr/share/freeswitch/sounds

The software you listed can copy folders?

Good day!
The above software are for db replication as master/master and master/slave. For copying/keeping sync the mentioned folder with multiple server can be done using sync-things and rsync, and with some other methods.

My main goal is to achieve multi-master replication of fusionpbx database with multiple servers within or cross Data-center.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
We've been replicating cross datacenter for years, first using bdr, now moved to pglogical, and @markjcrane now has his own solution using wal to json that is a recently released member feature, I haven't tested that one yet but have no reason to believe it won't be has good as the bdr one was that served us for many years..

Its not difficult any more.

Neyamt

Nov 12, 2021
We've been replicating cross datacenter for years, first using bdr, now moved to pglogical, and @markjcrane now has his own solution using wal to json that is a recently released member feature, I haven't tested that one yet but have no reason to believe it won't be has good as the bdr one was that served us for many years..

thank you for replying this threads. Your recommendation and shared points will help me while working on replication.

Last edited:

Neyamt

Nov 12, 2021
This is a good document for the first step while choosing the replication solution.

Attachments

• postgresql_ software catalogue - clustering_replication.pdf
    512.1 KB · Views: 100

jett

Aug 30, 2022

Are you handling failover/balancing between those instances with DNS SRV records?

Status
Not open for further replies.