FusionPBX on USB drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLO

May 5, 2017
tried to install fusionPBX on usb drive, and let RPI3 boot from USB. The booting time is a little more than SD card, but system abviously responses slower than SD card after login via web-gui.

The USB drive I used is sandisk ultra fit 32GB USB3.1, writhing about 25MB/s, reading more than 100MB/s, should fast enough to run FusionPBX.

Usually usb drive is more durable than microSD ( several cards failed in past years), so plan to replace SD card by this USB drive, but the performace not good as expecting.

download.jpg

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
The Pi3 and below are limited to USB 2.0 speeds since there is only a single USB port on the SOC. Should still work ok for small number of users.
If you want better performance, get the Pi 4 :cool:

OLO

May 5, 2017
The Pi3 and below are limited to USB 2.0 speeds since there is only a single USB port on the SOC. Should still work ok for small number of users.
If you want better performance, get the Pi 4 :cool:

microdSD C10 writing speed around 10MB/s. USD2.0 could reach 35MB/s on both writing and reading, USB port on RPI3 much slower?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
The USB port on the Pi3 and older has to handle the network interface too so you will probably never see the theoretical USB2.0 speed limits.

Your particular drive might have it's own issues, but I would never expect any killer speeds out of a RPi3.

OLO

May 5, 2017
The USB port on the Pi3 and older has to handle the network interface too so you will probably never see the theoretical USB2.0 speed limits.

Your particular drive might have it's own issues, but I would never expect any killer speeds out of a RPi3.

installed ubuntu on same USB drive, insert into either USB2.0 or USB3.0 on PC, run very quick, so don't think this drive has problem on speed. Probably the problem is from USB2.0 on RPi3 sharing same channel with network as you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.