FusionPBX Softphones - MS Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

devdewboy

Jan 17, 2023
California
Good Morning,

Short Story: I want to connect MS Teams client like most other SIP Softphones to our FusionPBX system; literally the settings involved are domain, extension, creds, FQDN , port# and a few others. I have several softphones tested and work fine with FusionPBX.

Can this be done with MS Teams "SoftPhone"?

Long Story: We're trying out some new Softphones to update up softphone clients. We're looking for a little more IT control in management and a client that can run on Mac and Windows. I've been using Bria Solo for some time (since I have a mac) and am currently testing Bria Teams which I like and got up and running a Trial in no time at all. Simple. No extra software, vendors etc. It just works and connects to our FusionPBX system and able to make calls IN/OUT using our trunks.

Now enter in MicroSoft Teams. I had the idea that since we already have a high level MS subscription it should be available without extra cost. I just need to connect Teams "Softphone" settings up to do this. On reading documentation, it is a mess and complicated. It appears the option is Direct Routing. However this requires SBCs, gateways etc.. Did I read it right?

Is Teams capable of connecting to FusionPBX(Freeswitch) easily just like other softphone?

Thanks!
DD

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
The SBC is required in some form, either an appliance, hosted, cloud or as a service because Teams isn't talking SIP. You also have to have some logic to bridge calls, send them out a special trunk, etc for the Teams 'extensions'. It's essentially like connecting 2 PBXs together.

Until FreeSWITCH gets a mod_teams that is....

Status
Not open for further replies.