FusionPBX to FusionPBX callee silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleksa

Jul 29, 2020
Hi everyone.

First of all, i want to thank everyone in advance who helps me with this.

So, my architecture is like this: kamailio(public ip with rtpengine and multi homed) -> fusionpbx(internal ip) -> fusionpbx(internal ip on another subnet) -> sip providers(2 of them)
Please, don't ask about architecture, it needs to be like this. :))

My problem is that calls going out via sip provider 1 are somewhat ok. It means that internal extension who is calling out cannot hear other side until other side blows into mic, but other side can hear everything. This is a strange problem and it seems to me it has something to do with silence detection or something similar, while calls going out via sip provider 2 are ok.

Has anyone here had some similar problem? Any ideas?

Best regards,
Aleksa.

Last edited:

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
You're usually looking for 'VAD' - Voice Activity Detection. Personally, I turn it off where possible. It usually results in clipping of voices at the start and end of sentences. You can force things with Comfort Noise Generation sometimes.

aleksa

Jul 29, 2020
Hi @hfoster.

Unfortunately, it kinda works. Now i hear every 4th word someone says and it is cutting off. Any other idea?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Aleksa.

aleksa

Jul 29, 2020
For anyone having similar problem, parameter 'SIP Bypass Media' needs to be set to 'Bypass Media'. This resolved my issue.

Again, thank you @hfoster for your help. I appreciate it!.

Best regards,
Aleksa.

Status
Not open for further replies.