FusionPBX w/ Avaya 9611G Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
Curious if anyone has had luck getting the Avaya 9611G phones to work with FusionPBX. I installed the firmware on them to make them a sip phone. I am able to connect to the FusionPBX server and it registers the phone. The problem is making calls. I can dial out with the phone but after a few seconds it stops and says no service available. I even tried to dial to my voice mail and the same thing, rang once or twice then it says no service. I tried using a softphone on the PC to make sure there was no issues with the PBX itself and the softphone has no problems. So I am guessing it is something with the Avaya phone and it may be that it just won't work with the FusionPBX. Just thought I would post something on here to see if anyone has had better luck and if so what their solution was. Thanks in advance.

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
So another thought came to me. I made the phones connect to fusion via SIP since reading online that is the only way to make them connect. Did some more digging this morning and I read that Fusion can act as a gateway for H.323 phones which I believe the Avaya are. Is that the better way to go for the phones or am I going down too many rabbit trails and there is an even easier way to make them work? Trying to rule out all possibilities before I resign that they will not work with this system and have to get other phones.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I've never attempted the 96xx phones but went down the rabbit hole years ago attempting to get 46xx and 56xx series phones to work with Freeswitch or Asterisk. Managed to get them to 'sort of work' at best. Feature buttons were a pain to even attempt to program and most features were completely unavailable.

My business partner tried going down the rabbit hole of using the J100 series Avaya phones with Fusionpbx since they offer a 3PCC (third party call control) version that works with SIP servers. These 'mostly work' with Fusionpbx but still struggle with most button features. Avaya even has a tech tip showing how to do it, complete with fusionpbx screen shots. The deal breaker for us is the broken button features. Most of our installs use park buttons and with the J100's there was no good way to make park keys work the same as most other SIP phones.

Reactions: bluepoet
Status
Not open for further replies.