G729 448 Not Acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyprusvoip

Jan 14, 2018
Hi guys
I loaded g729 today as found on a different thread (https://www.pbxforums.com/threads/g729-test.1008/).Mod is loaded up correctly.I tried to test an mobile app to force only to use G729 as i have issues with low bandwidth customers. Unfortunately its just pop ups the error 448.I have tried gswave,linphone and a cisco spa941with force and only g729 enabled.
Any help will be much appreciate.
Thanks
CyprusVoip

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
SIP 488 Not Acceptable Here most often occurs when two end points cannot find a common (mutually acceptable) codec to agree upon. However a 488 can also indicate that something else in the Session Description (SDP Boby) or indeed the Request URI itself, is not acceptable.

Do you know if the 488 is occurring between the device and FusionPBX or between FusionPBX and your SIP trunk supplier?

Try to have a better look at what is happening with a packet capture or by using the sngrep tool. If you find that it is FusionPBX (Freeswitch) that is generating the 488 then you have not enabled your G729 Mod correctly. You can look at the codec capabilities of your Freeswitch by typing "show codecs" at the fs_cli or into the command window in FusionPBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.