General IVRs understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikel

Nov 17, 2021
Hello everyone, I have a understanding questions about the IVR.
I use fusionpbx 4.5.30 and freeswitch 1.10.7.

I have created several IVR menus:
Main menu extension 50
Selection menu 1 extension 60
Selection menu 2 Extension 70
Selection menu 3 Extension 80

In the IVRs I have defined a greet long and greet short.

In the main menu:
Option 1 to destination 60
option 2 to destination 70
option 3 to destination 80
option 9 to main menu greet short

In the selection menus

option 1 to voicemail 1
option 9 to selection menu
option 0 to main menu

what do I have to configure in order to get back to the main menu from a selection menu with option 0 but to greet short. So far I can only branch to greet long.

When I branch to greet short I get the following error message:
326fb027-4d93-4f00-a102-c1826a251b29 2021-11-27 05: 56: 44.131104 97.83% [DEBUG] switch_ivr_menu.c: 425 digits 0
326fb027-4d93-4f00-a102-c1826a251b29 2021-11-27 05: 56: 44.131104 97.83% [DEBUG] switch_ivr_menu.c: 580 IVR action on menu 050aa815-7bb1-4c0e-a898-6ba1a197-03b23d matchede param -8688-7a8f0a202d36
326fb027-4d93-4f00-a102-c1826a251b29 2021-11-27 05: 56: 44.131104 97.83% [DEBUG] switch_ivr_menu.c: 584 switch_ivr_menu_execute todo = [1]
326fb027-4d93-4f00-a102-c1826a251b29 2021-11-27 05: 56: 44.131104 97.83% [ERR] switch_ivr_menu.c: 477 Invalid Menu!
326fb027-4d93-4f00-a102-c1826a251b29 2021-11-27 05: 56: 44.131104 97.83% [DEBUG] switch_ivr_menu.c: 676 exit-sound (null)

Maybe someone can help me. Thanks very much.

Mikel

Nov 17, 2021
I am really disapointed that no one help... I don´t think that my question is so difficult for the experienced members here. maybe this forum is not for newbees and only for professional members.

Reactions: diwou

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Sorry you've been disappointed. I've never attempted to setup nested IVR's in the way your question was presented so I don't have a solution for you but try not to feel discouraged with the lack of answers. My suggestion until someone may have a better solution is to try reworking your planned setup to work as close to the way you envisioned as you can manage. Even the most experienced people here have run into issues with how they want the system to work versus the way the system is designed to work.

Many of us enjoy answering questions regardless of the experience level of the poster but everyone needs to understand that this forum is just a community led support forum and not official paid support.

Reactions: redyps90210

Mikel

Nov 17, 2021
Sorry you've been disappointed. I've never attempted to setup nested IVR's in the way your question was presented so I don't have a solution for you but try not to feel discouraged with the lack of answers. My suggestion until someone may have a better solution is to try reworking your planned setup to work as close to the way you envisioned as you can manage. Even the most experienced people here have run into issues with how they want the system to work versus the way the system is designed to work.

Many of us enjoy answering questions regardless of the experience level of the poster but everyone needs to understand that this forum is just a community led support forum and not official paid support.
Thank you for answering.

I can´t believe that my setup is so special and never used anywhere.

How you would solve the problem?:

IVR Main
gretting long and short available

option 1 -> IVR Sub 1
option 2 -> IVR Sub 2
option 3 -> IVR Sub 3
Option 9 -> listen short greeting

IVR Sub 1
greeting long and short available

option 1 -> voicemail
option 2 -> human assist
option 9 -> listen short greeting
option 0 -> go to main IVR short greeting

IVR Sub 2

option 1 -> voicemail
option 2 -> human assist

IVR Sub 3

option 1 -> voicemail
option 2 -> human assist

under options in Fusion you have:

IVR Menus
List of IVR Menus
IVR Menus-other
back
exit
IVR Menus-Sub
List of IVR Menus

The options : IVR Menus-other not work.

any help are welcome.

Michael

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
From my experience most callers won't bother to navigate back and forth bivr'setween menus.
The solution probably varies based on the differences between long and short greetings. I would imaging in most cases there isn't an actual need for a long and short version of a sub menu greeting.

To easily get around the long/short greeting on the main ivr, you could make a copy of IVR main. Route initial calls to IVR main with just the long greeting. Set the ivr main copy to just the short greeting. Then route all of the repeat/return to main options to the main copy with the short greeting.

The sub menu options are somewhat new features if I remember correctly. Before, all IVR's were independent so could be treated as any type of menu needed.

Mikel

Nov 17, 2021
The IVR ´s are stil indendent. Fusion create the sub IVR´s by it self. I create 4 independ IVR´s maybe my msgs are not so clear.

IVR Main
gretting long and short available

option 1 -> IVR 1
option 2 -> IVR 2
option 3 -> IVR 3
Option 9 -> listen short greeting

IVR 1

option 1 -> voicemail
option 2 -> human assist

IVR 2

option 1 -> voicemail
option 2 -> human assist

IVR 3

option 1 -> voicemail
option 2 -> human assist

I agree with you that many people not like to big IVR´s but for my client he is a doctor has special needs so i had make different IVR´s with different greetings to explain more detailed what caller can select. I am new in voip and fusionpbx. Maybe the developer of fusionpbx can help ?

NVGcom

Apr 29, 2020
You can simply select as Destination - IVR to the desired IVR that will return to previous IVR.
The other way is using Parent and Submenu that is available in FusionPBX.
Right underneath the Extension is Parent Menu drop down option. You set this in any sub IVR's.
When you use Option Destination you can choose IVR Menus, IVR - Menus Other and IVR Menus - Sub.
The Greet Short is used for returning to Menu, so try with parent/sub.
Alternatively, you could create a new IVR with Greet Long using Greet Short recording.

Mikel

Nov 17, 2021
You can simply select as Destination - IVR to the desired IVR that will return to previous IVR.
The other way is using Parent and Submenu that is available in FusionPBX.
Right underneath the Extension is Parent Menu drop down option. You set this in any sub IVR's.
When you use Option Destination you can choose IVR Menus, IVR - Menus Other and IVR Menus - Sub.
The Greet Short is used for returning to Menu, so try with parent/sub.
Alternatively, you could create a new IVR with Greet Long using Greet Short recording.
honestly i not understand what you mean. can you give an example please?

NVGcom

Apr 29, 2020
The Greet Short is designed to play when returning to IVR as a shorter version of the Greeting without the "Thank You for calling".

If you want them to press 9 and play the short greeting you have to use recordings. The Greet Short is not a playable option.
If you want to play the short greeting when returning to Main menu, then use Parent/Sub or create a new IVR that will have Greet Long with the short greeting file then set 0 to IVR Menus -> 50 IVR Main.

It is rather confusing that you have option 9 and return to menu option 0 to play same recording.

Mikel

Nov 17, 2021
It is rather confusing that you have option 9 and return to menu option 0 to play same recording.
seems you misunderstood....

IVR 1

option 1 -> voicemail
option 2 -> human assist
option 9 -> listen short greeting <--- IVR1

option 0 i want use to go back to main IVR to short greeting.

i can´t believe that is so difficult to understand what i wish to make.

i need a main IVR where the callers get a welcome and informations what they can do... depending of the options i want branch to other IVR with additional information. the option 9 should repeat the information from this IVR and option 0 should go back to main IVR.

Reactions: tyryko

tyryko

Jul 12, 2017
I can't fathom why no one seems to understand your question, but I can't find a way to get back to a parent menu and have it use the short greeting. At all. Did you make any progress on this?

I'm not duplicating menus just to get this "effect" when there is clearly supposed to be support for it.

I've tried linking back to the main IVR directly, to the "top" option, and to the "back" option.

I've also changed the Main options to link to the "sub" ivr option (vs. just to the menu itself directly).

I get the long greeting every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.