Global night switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

riza

Oct 19, 2018
Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a Call Flow to work as a global 'Night Switch' for a domain. The client has multiple external numbers with various destinations, that also have differing after-hours destinations. They are used to using a global night switch to change all numbers to their after-hours destinations at once.

I'm hoping I can configure a Call Flow to intercept all calls and change them into an 'afterhours@domain' dialplan context, so I can place alternate after-hours destinations for each number into this context.

Is there a handy line I can put into the Call Flow 'Destination' box to transfer the call to the 'afterhours@domain' context with the same original destination?

Has anyone done something similar? Open to any other solutions as well, just trying not to make them update 13 call flows every day...

Thanks!
Ryan

riza

Oct 19, 2018
I'll share what I ended up doing for this:
  • Modified destination_edit.php to also check the context when saving as it was stopping me from adding duplicate destinations under different contexts
  • Added a Destination for my test number under the 'public' context, directing the call to my Call Flow
  • Added Day and Night Destinations for the same number under different contexts (day@domain and night@domain)
2020-03-11 17_34_02-Window.png
  • Set my call flow to direct to one of two custom Dial Plans, Day_Redirector or Night_Redirector
  • Each of these directs the call back to the original destination under either the Day or Night context
1583919643963.png

This works for my test case, will update this thread if there are any issues once I expand it for production use.

Reactions: etsiot
Status
Not open for further replies.