Grandstream GXP-2135 Provisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
So I have a question in regards to the auto provisioning for the GXP phones. Where can I go to change some of the preset settings? I can get the phones to provision but its adding extra phone lines that are not needed and it is changing the admin password to the mac address and we would like it to be something else. Has to be a simple way to fix this to a single line and the admin password but just not sure where to go to change that information.

Thanks in advance

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
I checked the default settings but didn't see anything to remove the extra phone lines or to change the admin password and I see under accounts>devices where you can add device profiles but I am not sure what string value I should enter in there to make those changes or if that is even the right place. Currently when the phone is provisioned it have the user name on it 3 times, guessing its just a button setting of some sort since they all do the same thing . I'll keep digging.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
The Grandstream 2135 template is one of the most complete templates as far as configurable variables from the Fusionpbx provisioning system goes. There are very few settings that would require editing the template.

Three “line” buttons you are seeing is partly firmware version dependent. You can change firmware versions or program button 2 and button 3 as “none” or some other feature. The default Fusionpbx programming doesn’t change any button behavior unless there is a key assignment programmed.

Also newer firmware versions require setting the admin password to something other than default “admin” which is why the default setting in the templates will set it to use MAC address if a password isn’t set elsewhere.

the default setting to enable/change to choose your preferred password is “admin_password” found in the “Provision” category of default settings.

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
The Grandstream 2135 template is one of the most complete templates as far as configurable variables from the Fusionpbx provisioning system goes. There are very few settings that would require editing the template.

Three “line” buttons you are seeing is partly firmware version dependent. You can change firmware versions or program button 2 and button 3 as “none” or some other feature. The default Fusionpbx programming doesn’t change any button behavior unless there is a key assignment programmed.

Also newer firmware versions require setting the admin password to something other than default “admin” which is why the default setting in the templates will set it to use MAC address if a password isn’t set elsewhere.

the default setting to enable/change to choose your preferred password is “admin_password” found in the “Provision” category of default settings.
I am an idiot - I was looking at Grandstream settings to find the admin password setting - okay that makes total sense for that. We just have standard password scheme and I was wanting to keep what the company guidlines were. So that will resolve that issue.

Firmware for the phones is the latest version. Where do I go to program button 2 and 3 to none or another feature? Sorry for all the questions I am green as they come to this PBX. Still trying to figure out where everything is at and how it operates.

Thank you though for the admin password setting - I would have never looked up there.

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022

I think I found the none settings - I went to Devices>Profiles .. and then added a Line 2 and 3 and set it for none - ill find out for sure when I get to work tomorrow and see if those buttons are off on the phone. I do appreciate your guidance on this - I figured it was something easy but not knowing where to go or the wording, I was going off on another trail to find things. Once this hurdle is done, then i'll have to add a outside phone number to the PBX and see if I can figure that out. Thank you again for the guidance. If below is not the right place, feel free to smack me and let me know. :)

1646580954238.png

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
That looks correct. You also need to set which profile to use on the device setting page.

it has been a while since we used 2135’s but I seem to remember some firmware versions needed at least 2 of the buttons set as “default” or “line” to allow call transfer to work correctly. It might not be an issue anymore.

Reactions: bluepoet

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I am an idiot - I was looking at Grandstream settings to find the admin password setting - okay that makes total sense for that
Only Grandstream specific settings are labeled “grandstream_…” Many settings under “Provision” category work the same for any brand of phone so no reason to make an extra variable.

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
That looks correct. You also need to set which profile to use on the device setting page.

it has been a while since we used 2135’s but I seem to remember some firmware versions needed at least 2 of the buttons set as “default” or “line” to allow call transfer to work correctly. It might not be an issue anymore.
I have the devices set for the 2135's. I am guessing on the profile page since its set to vendor any Grandstream device will have those settings which right now all we have is the 2135's so that shouldn't be an issue. I'll do a test on the call transfer tomorrow and see if that is still the case. If it is, then i'll leave line 2 open and turn off line 3. Thanks for that info.

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
Only Grandstream specific settings are labeled “grandstream_…” Many settings under “Provision” category work the same for any brand of phone so no reason to make an extra variable.
Thats good information to know as well. Thank you again.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Profiles don't match up to anything by themselves. They can also be considered their own template of sorts. Profiles just make it easier to assign the same settings to multiple devices instead of entering the same fields under each device.

For a device to use the settings in a profile, it has to be selected in the device edit page.
1646664018995.png

bluepoet

Feb 24, 2022
Profiles don't match up to anything by themselves. They can also be considered their own template of sorts. Profiles just make it easier to assign the same settings to multiple devices instead of entering the same fields under each device.

For a device to use the settings in a profile, it has to be selected in the device edit page.
View attachment 2800
Gotcha. Thanks for that info. Been fighting getting the phones working again this morning. Have a PFSense firewall and we had to install a package called siproxd to get the sip information to go through the firewall. Was working on Friday but when I came in this morning, it will not register the phones now. Grr.. the fun of technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.