Grandstream GXP-21xx Provisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa4zlw

Jun 7, 2019
Blandon, PA
www.myinternetsupport.com
Hi folks! First hope everyone is safe and here's to a happy holiday season and a good New Year.

Second, I'm trying to wrap my head around provisioning. I finally figured out that BLF is a LINE key. Are there definitions as to what goes where?
Next, it seems I can not modify settings that are NOT defined in the DEFAULT settings under PROVISION. Is this possible? There are all sort of options I'd like to reconfigure and make default for our system.
Where do we upload firmware files and what is the URL to use? Is there a separate user/pass for this?
Lastly, it seems that any version AFTER 1.0.11.10 will NOT register with the PBX. I"ve narrowed this down to TLS as TCP will register. Yesterday, I tried changing things one at a time to no avail so I am at a loss. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks much in advance.

Leon

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I'm not sure if there is or where it may documented which key types are which. This can be verified by reading the template files but generally the "Key Category" follows as "line" is main programmable buttons next to screen, "Memory" are buttons on side or lower portion of phone, "Programmable" are the soft key button on bottom of main screen, and "Expansion" is the external button modules
In Grandstream terms, Line=VPK, Memory=MPK, Programmable=softkey, Expansion=EXP

If there isn't a default setting variable listed then the item is probably hard coded to default value in model template. Additional variables can be assigned in a model template which can then be added to default, domain, or device settings. If you customize the model template, it is advised to copy the template folder and modify the folder name so changes don't interfere with fusionpbx upgrades.

Firmware files can be uploaded pretty much anywhere and the URL is assigned via default setting variable. Most Grandstream templates include the following
Code:
{if $grandstream_config_server_path=="none"}
    <P237></P237>
{elseif isset($grandstream_config_server_path)}
    <P237>{$grandstream_config_server_path}</P237>
{else}
    <P237>{$domain_name}{$project_path}/app/provision</P237>
{/if}
So it will use the URL assigned, or try to find firmware in the ../app/provision folder. Depending on the model and firmware version, firmware will use the same credentials as config url or can optionally assign its own user/pass via Pcode

As for registration issues, TLS version or certificate problems could be the cause. Newer firmware has additional settings for TLS that might not be compatible with your current setup.

wa4zlw

Jun 7, 2019
Blandon, PA
thanks I'm going to create a set of custom templates once I figure out what I think is a bug in the fone and it's been there over many releases.

What is happening is I have a line button (#1) and BLF button (#5) defined. But button #6 is a duplicate of line button #1. Now get this, if you look at the config of the phone from the phone gui under VPK, the correct keys are displayed. But on the LCD it shows up! I've factory reset the phone and it still comes back. Has anyone else ever seen this?

Also, regarding the phone not registering. it is related to TLS. In fact it seems the PBX is still running TLS 1.0. Once I set the phone for the minimum version as TLS 1.0 things are working. Is this going to be changed?

Attachments

• GXP2135-TLS.JPG
    GXP2135-TLS.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 24

wa4zlw

Jun 7, 2019
Blandon, PA
GM all...I found what is happening. Button number 6 was defined as DEFAULT with nothing else defined. Once I made it NONE then it disappeared. GS is testing the template as well. The provisioning didn't overwrite what's on button 6. Still looking through the template here as well to see what's defined.

The TLS issue we need to know if that will be addressed.

Thanks leon

Status
Not open for further replies.