Grandstream HT286 does not register

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
I am switching from FreePBX to FusionPBX and we have a ton of Grandstream HT286 among our end users that still work perfectly fine with Asterisk. However, I can not get them to register with Fusionpbx. I entering the SIP credentials manually and I can see the SIP auth challenge in the log but the ATA does not want to register. At first I thought that FusionPBX does not support the UDP protocol out of the box so I enabled the "bind-params transport=udp true" but that did not resolve the issue either.

Does anyone know if the the HT286 is compatible with freeswitch and FusionPBX. We have hundreds of these units in service and I'd hate to have to replace them all.

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
The FusionPBX Ht286 auto provisioning template does not work but I am quite familiar with the unit and it should have been no problem setting it up manually. Unfortunately, that is not the case here. I tried 2 different HT286 units from 2 different IP addresses and the result is always the same. It does not want to register. Does anyone have this ATA working with FusionPBX?

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
Just in case anyone else has problems with this unit, here are my results.

1. Set "Use DNS SRV. P103 = 0" in the provisioning file. I found it is mandatory or the HT286 won't register with fusionpbx.
2. The Sip internal "bind-params transport=udp true" is not required. The HT286 works with UDP even if this value is set to false.
3. Provisioning from fusionpbx does not work because there is no auth-username and password fields
4. You can upload encrypted cfg files to a webserver directory and provision from there with HTTP. The HT286 does not use HTTPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.