Grandstream HTTPS provisioning

dcitelecom

Member
Oct 20, 2021
181
3
18
63
I am trying to provision the HT802 adapter from FusionPBX -> Devices, and it works if I set the Firmware Upgrade and Provisioning to use HTTP. However, if I set the value to HTTPS, the provisioning breaks. It sems in https mode the HT702 does not download the provisioning file from www.myserver.com/app/provision/. Is anyone using https provisioning with Grandstream?
 
Hi,
Are you using username and password set in Default settings? These are for device admin access.

Try adding username/password into the Devices - Device username and password fields and setting them in the config username password of the device.
It should match the domain in the config path, especially if you have multi-tenant: company.myserver.com/app/provision. No need for www.
I also recommend using Grandstream - GDMS, which is free, to push RPS Management or add the config information into a template or directly into device config. This way you can factory reset the device, and it will grab the config path automatically. Update to latest firmware through GDMS. Check the release notes as if the device uses old firmware, you will have to upgrade in steps. I do not use FusionPBX for firmware upgrades.